Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Lightbulb How to Get the Most for Your Carnival FunPoints

I recently had a nice run around with the Carnival FunPoints system and thought I would write up what I found out. Turns out that you can save a lot of money if you know what you are doing (or get cheated out of lot if you don't); all depends on your point of view I guess.

Please read my post "How to Get the Most for Your Carnival FunPoints." My blog is an ad-free personal blog and this site seems like the best place to start spreading the word on this particular topic. If my finding are already widely know I apologize for the redundancy. Feel free to comment or suggest other channels to spread the word and happy (cheap) cruising.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Snoozeman; March 17th, 2011 at 05:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2011, 04:05 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewhite View Post
I recently had a nice run around with the Carnival FunPoints system and thought I would write up what I found out. Turns out that you can save a lot of money if you know what you are doing (or get cheated out of lot if you don't); all depends on your point of view I guess.

Please read my post "How to Get the Most for Your Carnival FunPoints." My blog is an ad-free personal blog and this site seems like the best place to start spreading the word on this particular topic. If my finding are already widely know I apologize for the redundancy. Feel free to comment or suggest other channels to spread the word and happy (cheap) cruising.

Thanks for reading.
I recently read some complaints on John's Facebook about Barclay (the bank that runs the credit card). Apparently if you are just one day late one time, they run up your interest rate?

We only use American Express Blue because it is a better deal for us...but I was wondering if anyone else had issues with the bank running the Carnival program?

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old March 22nd, 2011, 04:35 PM
Familiar Face

Very confusing! Is their interest rate high?
Old March 24th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Familiar Face

With their change we are turning in our points before 5/1 and cutting up the card.
Old March 30th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I can't comment on their interest rate since I never carry a balance. If you plan to cruise with Carnival anyway it might be worth it. It's pretty rare for a CC company to pay you $1200 for using them for 18 months. That said, I don't recommend them. Their customer service is not good at all and you are "locked" into Carnival. As per my post, they obvious don't outline their rewards programs very well.

Use them if you know you want to sail Carnival and you understand the system. As for us, it's becoming our secondary card with Discover taking over as primary.