CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Tender or Dock (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/381282-tender-dock.html)

luv2vacation63 March 18th, 2011 03:56 PM

Tender or Dock

How do you know if you will tender or dock at a specific port? I'm looking at the cruise itinerary on line with Carnival but I don't see anywhere that states tender or dock. I'm probably just being blind and overlooking this so pointing me in the right direction helps. Oh, and in case you want to know our stops, they are St.Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassua and we will be on the Freedom.

Thanks!!!

Lakers Fan March 18th, 2011 04:07 PM

It should be on your cruise itinerary

Kuki March 18th, 2011 04:16 PM

On that particular itinerary you should dock in every port.

zydecocruiser March 18th, 2011 04:43 PM

*Note—Tendering ports are: Cabo San Lucas, Catalina California, Catalina Island Dominican Republic, Cannes France, Belize, Half Moon Cay Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa (Mexico), Kona (Hawaii), Lahaina (Hawaii), Newport Rhode Island, Sitka (Alaska) Possible Tender: Ketchikan Alaska, Dubrovnik Croatia, Katakolon Greece.

for Carnival

cruised1014 March 18th, 2011 05:11 PM

Freedom

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2vacation63 (Post 1360450)
How do you know if you will tender or dock at a specific port? I'm looking at the cruise itinerary on line with Carnival but I don't see anywhere that states tender or dock. I'm probably just being blind and overlooking this so pointing me in the right direction helps. Oh, and in case you want to know our stops, they are St.Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassua and we will be on the Freedom.

Thanks!!!

You will dock at every port. Check out Blackbeards castle in St Thomas
and buy some pineapple rum it is the best. To get there take the "99 steps"
really there are 103 steps. Or a taxi if you don't ;like to climb. Bring swim suit and towels if you want to use there many pools. Really cool and a great view from very high up. Try Blackbeard ale is also good. Also do not miss any of the shows. We saw what I would call million dollar shows Like Mo Town - 80 year old people got out of there scooters to dance in the isles. Plus the Beattles show was like they were reborn unbelivable. Food is Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat. Have a great cruise.

green_rd March 18th, 2011 05:34 PM

I think I have only seen tendered ports specifically mentioned. Otherwise you dock.

dhudd March 18th, 2011 06:04 PM

We've been on that same cruise itinerary, except that we also went to San Juan Puerto Rico, aboard the Carnival Liberty. All of those ports will be docked. Enjoy your cruise...

luv2vacation63 March 25th, 2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhudd (Post 1360504)
We've been on that same cruise itinerary, except that we also went to San Juan Puerto Rico, aboard the Carnival Liberty. All of those ports will be docked. Enjoy your cruise...

Puerto Rico was also on our original itinerary but they removed it. Not sure why, I just happened to notice it was no longer there. I didn't receive any notice from Carnival and I was wondering if I should have. Not really a big deal but I was curious what happened.