Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Fuel Supplement Charge

So far so good. My cruise does not leave until July 1 and there has been no fuel supplement charge. I know they reserve the right to impose the charge if the price of oil is over $70 a barrel. Its been over that price for months now. Its not a deal breaker even though its 4 people x 8 days x $9
which comes to $288. Better in my pocket then Carnival's
Last time oil became expensive I rememeber they did impose the fee. Hopefully they purchased an oil futures contract at the lower price and maybe thats why they are not looking for that fee now...
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by conway scott View Post
So far so good. My cruise does not leave until July 1 and there has been no fuel supplement charge. I know they reserve the right to impose the charge if the price of oil is over $70 a barrel. Its been over that price for months now. Its not a deal breaker even though its 4 people x 8 days x $9
which comes to $288. Better in my pocket then Carnival's
Last time oil became expensive I rememeber they did impose the fee. Hopefully they purchased an oil futures contract at the lower price and maybe thats why they are not looking for that fee now...
Many believe that the fuel supplement is not being re instated simply because they are raising the cruise fares to offset the FS charges.....

And remember not necessarily will it be $9.00 per person it states UP TO $9 p/p per day..... and not the same fee for the 3d and 4th or 5th passenger either. If reinstated, I believe they will start at $5 p/p per day or maybe a tad higher to ease the pain.

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"