Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2011, 05:24 PM
Familiar Face

Default Swimming With the Dolphins with Young Kids?

Hi, I am bringing a 2 year old and a 3 year old on a cruise in the fall to the Bahamas. One of the excursions is swimming with the dolphins. Kids 3 and under are free. Has anyone brought children this young before? Is it difficult? We live at the beach, so they are not afraid of the ocean, but never have been around marine life before. Not sure what to expect or if I should even attempt it.
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

We did the swim with the dolphins in Cozumel so I don't know how the Bahamas experience is designed, but in Cozumel, you got in the water and each person got 3 different activities with the dolphin. My kids were teenagers so it was perfect for them. As you had to swim out by yourself to certain areas and be able to hold onto the dolphin, I'm not sure how this would work with a 2 or 3 year old. Unless your excursion is just a dolphin experience where you get in the water and are able to touch them, I would think the "swim" would be too difficult.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 05:28 PM
Familiar Face

Thank You, I agree. I think we will just opt for the resort excursion.