Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2011, 06:56 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Customs

Im leaving out of the port of Tampa for the first time and was inquiring about the customs process getting on to the boat. I have salied out of other ports and was curious of any tips anyone has for getting through customs faster.
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2011, 07:05 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevblev View Post
Im leaving out of the port of Tampa for the first time and was inquiring about the customs process getting on to the boat. I have salied out of other ports and was curious of any tips anyone has for getting through customs faster.
You will go through "Customs" when you return from your cruise. When you leave you are just asked for your passport, or other documentation, when you check in.

When you return for your cruise you will be given a "Customs Declaration Form" that you will need to declare what you purchased and what the cost was.

You "may" also go through "Immigration" where they check your passport or other documentation before you can leave the terminal. I am not familiar with the process for Tampa but it is similar in most cruise ports.

The main things to remember is to have your Customs Declaration filled out and easily accessible when you disembark. Also: A passport will make the immigration process much easier. A birth certificate and driver's license may slow down the amount of time you spend at the Immigration booth.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 22nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Other than the small area going thru customes at Tampa was real quick. Had our declaration form ready, got to the agent handed him the form and he quickly checked our passports.
And checking in was very quick.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old March 23rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
Familiar Face

I just came back from a cruise in Tampa a couple weeks ago. Easy and fast. Just make sure you DON'T stop just outside the door after exiting. They were very testy and almost nasty about it. (and all I was doing was trying to get my bearings to figure out where the shuttle back to the airport was.)
Old March 25th, 2011, 11:12 AM
First Mate

Homeland security checks your travel doc's for complience before you go or get on the ship, known as check in, and customs and immigration when you get off, looks like they are also getting after the drugs more, our last 2 cruises we had dog sniffers checking bath rooms on the lido deck and public areas. Always saw them around the luggage area but never on the ship.