CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   ~Help Looking for Hotel rooms in Miami (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/381426-help-looking-hotel-rooms-miami.html)

DIGNAIC March 23rd, 2011 12:18 PM

~Help Looking for Hotel rooms in Miami

Hello Everyone, Thank you for looking and helping me with my question. My DH and I will be flying from LAX to Mia, jumping on the party ship for good old time. Our cruise comes back Sunday AM. We would like to enjoy Miami's activies and shopping. Our flight leaves Monday 11am, my problem is We don't know where to stay at? We need something that has a shuttle from the port to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport. What area would be good for this? Are we better off staying at a hotel close to the pier (port) or something closer to the airport?

Thanks a Million!
@>~%~~

Mike M March 23rd, 2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGNAIC (Post 1361753)
Hello Everyone, Thank you for looking and helping me with my question. My DH and I will be flying from LAX to Mia, jumping on the party ship for good old time. Our cruise comes back Sunday AM. We would like to enjoy Miami's activies and shopping. Our flight leaves Monday 11am, my problem is We don't know where to stay at? We need something that has a shuttle from the port to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport. What area would be good for this? Are we better off staying at a hotel close to the pier (port) or something closer to the airport?

Thanks a Million!
@>~%~~

I would suggest booking a hotel in the Downtown Miami area. I wouldn't be too concerned about the shuttle. Taxi rates from the port to most downtown hotels is around $10 - $15 and taxi rates to the airport are around $20 - $25.

If you try Priceline go for a 3* to 4* in the Downtown area and you should be able to get something for under $100.

Take care,
Mike

cruised1014 March 23rd, 2011 02:25 PM

Miami Hotels

Try Extended Stay America Port of Miami. They have a shuttle to both airport and Port. Or Try LaQuinta Miami airport. You can go down to the "Art Deco" area of South Beach and don't Miss Baywalk right by the entrance to the port of miami. Ed

Kuki March 23rd, 2011 07:49 PM

If you want to tour South Beach or even Bayside, I would go with Mike's advice. I'm not sure where the Extended Stay America is, but it could be fine too.

Staying anywhere out by the airport is quite far from South Beach, or much else.

DIGNAIC March 24th, 2011 12:45 PM

thanks for the infomation. Is South Beach and downtown the same place? Or is South Beach the place to go for shopping, sightseeing, dinner, etc?

lhp March 24th, 2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGNAIC (Post 1362047)
thanks for the infomation. Is South Beach and downtown the same place? Or is South Beach the place to go for shopping, sightseeing, dinner, etc?

South Beach and Bayside (downtown) are two different areas.

CLOSE to one another...but two areas....

flowers March 29th, 2011 10:18 AM

I used lastminutetravel to get Intercontinental for $84 plus taxes and fees, still under $100 for a 5 star walking distance to Bayside.

We did spend a extra day and took the city bus to Southbeach to spend the day. Lots to see and spend money in South Beach.

I thought Bayside didnt have much shopping, just overpriced clothes. I did sit at the window in Hooters and watched the small boats coming in. We stayed downtown to be closer to the port.

am588 March 29th, 2011 07:25 PM

I stayed at the Sofitel and it was AMAZING! They also offer a shuttle for 10pp, and it leaves almost every hour

Cruznut2 March 29th, 2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki (Post 1361874)
If you want to tour South Beach or even Bayside, I would go with Mike's advice. I'm not sure where the Extended Stay America is, but it could be fine too.

Staying anywhere out by the airport is quite far from South Beach, or much else.

Kuki, I stayed in this hotel last September. Very nice and quiet in the Brickell neighborhood near the port. I paid about $80 for the room. The rooms are equipped with a kitchen. This hotel is very clean and quiet. They offer free parking for the week. The shuttle to the port leaves around 11:00 AM and costs $10.00 per person. The down side was there is no restaurant in the hotel. It is within easy walking distance to an Italian restaurant.
The shuttle will not come and get you to come get your car at the end of the cruise but a taxi is only $14.00 from the port. Very safe place to park right arond the hotel. My car was right out front near the front door. the property is fenced in.

Laura

alwayscruise July 14th, 2012 01:00 PM

The Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Brickell Downtown (www.hamptoninnmiamibrickell.com) is new and has great reviews.

Cruznut2 July 22nd, 2012 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki (Post 1361874)

Extended Stay America is in the Brickell area of Miami.Not far from the port. Nice clean and quiet hotel. They also offer free parking for your cruise. No restaurant in the hotel but within walking distance to restaurants. Coffee makers and supplies in the rooms. They have vending machines for snacks. I reccommend walking across to the Walgreens they had fresh pastries in the morning. They had a shuttle which was $10.00 per person to the port. I paid $80 for the room in 2010.

Laura