Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2011, 12:18 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default ~Help Looking for Hotel rooms in Miami

Hello Everyone, Thank you for looking and helping me with my question. My DH and I will be flying from LAX to Mia, jumping on the party ship for good old time. Our cruise comes back Sunday AM. We would like to enjoy Miami's activies and shopping. Our flight leaves Monday 11am, my problem is We don't know where to stay at? We need something that has a shuttle from the port to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport. What area would be good for this? Are we better off staying at a hotel close to the pier (port) or something closer to the airport?

Thanks a Million!
@>~%~~
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGNAIC View Post
Hello Everyone, Thank you for looking and helping me with my question. My DH and I will be flying from LAX to Mia, jumping on the party ship for good old time. Our cruise comes back Sunday AM. We would like to enjoy Miami's activies and shopping. Our flight leaves Monday 11am, my problem is We don't know where to stay at? We need something that has a shuttle from the port to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport. What area would be good for this? Are we better off staying at a hotel close to the pier (port) or something closer to the airport?

Thanks a Million!
@>~%~~
I would suggest booking a hotel in the Downtown Miami area. I wouldn't be too concerned about the shuttle. Taxi rates from the port to most downtown hotels is around $10 - $15 and taxi rates to the airport are around $20 - $25.

If you try Priceline go for a 3* to 4* in the Downtown area and you should be able to get something for under $100.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 23rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Miami Hotels

Try Extended Stay America Port of Miami. They have a shuttle to both airport and Port. Or Try LaQuinta Miami airport. You can go down to the "Art Deco" area of South Beach and don't Miss Baywalk right by the entrance to the port of miami. Ed
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

If you want to tour South Beach or even Bayside, I would go with Mike's advice. I'm not sure where the Extended Stay America is, but it could be fine too.

Staying anywhere out by the airport is quite far from South Beach, or much else.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

thanks for the infomation. Is South Beach and downtown the same place? Or is South Beach the place to go for shopping, sightseeing, dinner, etc?
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGNAIC View Post
thanks for the infomation. Is South Beach and downtown the same place? Or is South Beach the place to go for shopping, sightseeing, dinner, etc?
South Beach and Bayside (downtown) are two different areas.

CLOSE to one another...but two areas....

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Captain

I used lastminutetravel to get Intercontinental for $84 plus taxes and fees, still under $100 for a 5 star walking distance to Bayside.

We did spend a extra day and took the city bus to Southbeach to spend the day. Lots to see and spend money in South Beach.

I thought Bayside didnt have much shopping, just overpriced clothes. I did sit at the window in Hooters and watched the small boats coming in. We stayed downtown to be closer to the port.
Old March 29th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Familiar Face

I stayed at the Sofitel and it was AMAZING! They also offer a shuttle for 10pp, and it leaves almost every hour

Carnival Liberty, 1/28/11
RCCL 2003,2004
Old March 29th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
If you want to tour South Beach or even Bayside, I would go with Mike's advice. I'm not sure where the Extended Stay America is, but it could be fine too.

Staying anywhere out by the airport is quite far from South Beach, or much else.
Kuki, I stayed in this hotel last September. Very nice and quiet in the Brickell neighborhood near the port. I paid about $80 for the room. The rooms are equipped with a kitchen. This hotel is very clean and quiet. They offer free parking for the week. The shuttle to the port leaves around 11:00 AM and costs $10.00 per person. The down side was there is no restaurant in the hotel. It is within easy walking distance to an Italian restaurant.
The shuttle will not come and get you to come get your car at the end of the cruise but a taxi is only $14.00 from the port. Very safe place to park right arond the hotel. My car was right out front near the front door. the property is fenced in.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 14th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Familiar Face

The Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Brickell Downtown (www.hamptoninnmiamibrickell.com) is new and has great reviews.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 05:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post

Extended Stay America is in the Brickell area of Miami.Not far from the port. Nice clean and quiet hotel. They also offer free parking for your cruise. No restaurant in the hotel but within walking distance to restaurants. Coffee makers and supplies in the rooms. They have vending machines for snacks. I reccommend walking across to the Walgreens they had fresh pastries in the morning. They had a shuttle which was $10.00 per person to the port. I paid $80 for the room in 2010.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain