Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Familiar Face

Default First time cruiser...If the rate changes and we paid in full already..

If there is a difference of about $60 between what we paid a week and a half ago and what it is now will Carnival issue on board credit or an upgrade?

We booked the resident rate (CA) and upgraded to the spa room for additional per day. Now the rate and per day upgrade price have both dropped.

We booked directly through Carnival and I emailed the person who booked the cruise for us.

This was our first cruise we have ever booked and I'm not sure what we qualify for or don't.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgood2010 View Post
If there is a difference of about $60 between what we paid a week and a half ago and what it is now will Carnival issue on board credit or an upgrade?

We booked the resident rate (CA) and upgraded to the spa room for additional per day. Now the rate and per day upgrade price have both dropped.

We booked directly through Carnival and I emailed the person who booked the cruise for us.

This was our first cruise we have ever booked and I'm not sure what we qualify for or don't.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks
If you are past final payment date.... and NOT BOOKED under the Early Saver rates....no OBC for you for the fare difference, but possibly an upgrade if a higher category is selling for the same or less than what you paid.

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old March 27th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile me too

We booked back in January for a Valor April 10th cruise under the Colorado resident rate. I noticed that the price for resident guarantee had dropped $130 per person. We did not have our room assignment yet. We were not sure if a resident rate could get an upgrade with price drops. I called and they placed us in an 8N Aft balcony for the same price. It was actually about $80 less than original but no refunds! Hey, we are happy with the room. No big deal.
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Familiar Face

Well, Cesar from Carnival emailed me back this morning. He said because we are still outside penalties we are getting a refund for the difference ($40). I thought that was great and I guess we have until April 5th for that time to be up.
Old March 29th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Captain

Keyword here is "Final Payment Date"..... and if you have not reached that date yet you are entitled to either:
a. Reduced rate = lower final payment if not already paid in full.
b. OBC for fare difference or refund to c.card if already paid in full (choice is subject to cruiselines discretion of which way to refund).

Congrats on your refund !

"January"
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old March 30th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Familiar Face

Ahhh Ok that makes sense now "Final Payment Date".

I must say I am so happy I found this site/forum. I have learned so much and still learn so much because of it.

For example I would have never even thought about med/evac insurance if it wasn't for this site. Once I did I purchased it. Being aware and knowledgeable seems to make our first cruise even more exciting!

Thanks again for everyone's help
Old March 30th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgood2010 View Post
Ahhh Ok that makes sense now "Final Payment Date".

I must say I am so happy I found this site/forum. I have learned so much and still learn so much because of it.

For example I would have never even thought about med/evac insurance if it wasn't for this site. Once I did I purchased it. Being aware and knowledgeable seems to make our first cruise even more exciting!

Thanks again for everyone's help
Yes.... you will find loads of info on this site and a friendly bunch of members just eager to assist and make your cruise as enjoyable as possible ! Never a silly question asked here

Keep an eye on rates.... if a higher category is pricing the same or lower than you are paying (after "final payment date")....you may be entitled to an upgrade at no cost to you too !

"January"
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"