CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Park and Cruise in New Orleans? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/381667-park-cruise-new-orleans.html)

Gail4cruising April 3rd, 2011 12:20 AM

Park and Cruise in New Orleans?

Can anyone that has went out of New Orleans in the last few months tell me of any good/reasonable park and cruise specials there? Or even just a reasonable and safe hotel? The ones we have found and used in the past were actually in Slidell (for hotel only). Going out on Triumph May 7 and need to get something booked there soon as we always go down the day before the cruise. Thanks in advance for any help!

R&S April 3rd, 2011 12:34 PM

We were on the Triumph in October of last year and stayed at the Embassy Suites (Convention Center). It was great for us. We were close to Harrah's, walking distance to the French Quarter, and also able to walk to Cafe Du Monde for Beignets.
It was nice waking up and seeing the Triumph just a few blocks away. We thought about a Taxi to go to the ship but since it was such a nice day, and our luggage was on wheels, we walked and enjoyed the morning.

We rented a car one way from Hertz. After unloading our luggage at the Embassy suites we dropped it off at the Hertz location about two blocks from the hotel. When we returned from the cruise we caught the shuttle, but you can walk, to Hertz and picked up our one way rental back to Texas. No parking fees and saving the miles/wear and tear on my car made it worthwhile for us.

New Orleans is a great place to cruise from and you will love the long trip down the Mississippi.

lhp April 3rd, 2011 01:53 PM

We usually stay outside the city. (been there, done that way to many times...LOL)

So we just park at the port.

In May we are giving Mandeville a try the night before...should be about an hour's drive to the port...depending on traffic.

zydecocruiser April 3rd, 2011 08:21 PM

That's the second weekend of the New Orleans Jazzfest. I think you can forget about any cruise specials and most discounts anywhere. Many hotels are booked and some may have minimum stays.

New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival // April 29 - May 8, 2011

Every year, hundreds of thousands attend.

Perhaps one of the hotels blocked by the festival will meet your needs, but there are unlikely to be any real bargains to be found downtown or in the French Quarter:
New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival // Travel

You might try Holiday Inn Superdome, Mariott Convention Center, and Hilton Riverside to see if they have some sort of cruise parking special, but I would be surprised if they did.

The less expensive option would be to stay out of town and park at the port.

Gail4cruising April 3rd, 2011 08:26 PM

lhp you are going to be going onboard as we get off on the 14th! I have stayed in Sliddell all the other times we have went out of New Orleans but never downtown. Just like a 30 min drive the next morning.

DONALD CREGEEN April 4th, 2011 07:45 PM

Park & cruise

We just went in March the Maison St. Charles has a park & cruise pkg.
We went 2 days early so i had to pay for 1 night parking $18.00 !
Iwould stay there again,a Pop Eyes & Wendys next door,and close to the port!

mariuskyu November 17th, 2011 02:29 PM

I don`t know how helpful this could be, but....

New Orleans Parking | Central Parking System > Monthly Parking