CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   St Thomas Skyride question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/381694-st-thomas-skyride-question.html)

shipmate April 3rd, 2011 09:15 PM

St Thomas Skyride question

Hi All,

Does anyone know how much does the St. Thomas Skyride cost and what is at the top?

Trip April 3rd, 2011 09:20 PM

I couldn't remember the charge, so I went to look at their website, but it had crashed....biu looky what I found!!!! Helloooo down there!

YouTube - St. Thomas Skyride to Paradise Point

shipmate April 3rd, 2011 09:26 PM

Yea, I seen that same video and that's what caught my interest. Looks to be a great view, just wondering what else is up there.

Trip April 3rd, 2011 09:46 PM

We did this many years ago, and, just had a drink at the restaurant...As I sailed around the web, I saw the price is now, $21 (or $28 to enjoy a Bushwacker drink at the top). Nowhere near what we paid in the olden days..:):)

Sadly, current reviews said, many were not impressed by anything, including the food and said once was enough...not much else to do.

We enjoyed Mountain Top better...

shipmate April 3rd, 2011 10:07 PM

Seems quite pricey for a short ride up and nothing else. I would of figured under $10 per person. The view looks fantastic, but again, is it really worth it?

Master Chief April 3rd, 2011 10:34 PM

We did this about 3 years ago. Carnival had tickets aboard ship for $19 and if you didn't use them you could get a refund. Nice view from top. Bar was OK then. We had a couple of beers and walked around. There was some sort of a trampoline/bungee bounce thing that you could do. They harnessed you ina bungee harness and then put you on a trampoline. Looked like fun but us oldies :-) thought better. Enjoy your cruise. Another note: last time we were there (2010) there was along line waiting to go up.

paddletoe53 April 3rd, 2011 10:37 PM

here is a website for the skyride its stthomasskyride.com will give all
kind info on theskyride

shipmate April 3rd, 2011 10:41 PM

Thanks Master Chief,

I take it that you're an Ole Salt. What ship were you on?

shipmate April 3rd, 2011 10:43 PM

Thanks Paddletoe53.

But unfortunately the website is down. Hopefully it will be up and running well before we cruise. Seen a great video on YouTube and the view looked great.

flowers April 4th, 2011 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1364217)
We did this many years ago, and, just had a drink at the restaurant...As I sailed around the web, I saw the price is now, $21 (or $28 to enjoy a Bushwacker drink at the top). Nowhere near what we paid in the olden days..:):)

Sadly, current reviews said, many were not impressed by anything, including the food and said once was enough...not much else to do.

We enjoyed Mountain Top better...

Didnt mountain top burn down?? Was it rebuilt?

We did a excursion thru Princess which included both.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...cture074-1.jpg

Trip April 4th, 2011 09:16 AM

It burned down in 09,and just reopened in January..Yay for St. Thomas!

Mountain Top St. Thomas, Virgin Islands.

When we were there years back, the one thing I remember vividly was all the hot sauces available..We had a ball picking out the unusual bottles,and when we got home and couldn't talk because our mouths were on fire, it brought back the memories:):)

Master Chief April 4th, 2011 12:00 PM

Shipmate,

USS DECATUR (DD 936) and USS TILLS (DDE 748). Yea, I am old :-). Retired in 1991 with 30 years service. Wouldn't trade those 30 years for anything.

shipmate April 4th, 2011 09:44 PM

Hey Master Chief,

I was on USS Forrestal, USS John F Kennedy & USS Dwight D Eisenhower during 74-78. Loved the memories and would do it again in a heartbeat!!

april_4_us April 4th, 2011 10:23 PM

Ok In my humble opinion, it was overpriced and the drink was fair at that. View was nice but we had to wait for about 30 min to get a trolly up and back.
april

shipmate April 4th, 2011 10:35 PM

april_4_u,

I have to agree with you on the price, especially if that's all you get is a ride and a drink.