Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Camp Carnival Age Groups

I need the input of the Carnival cruisers who's children have used Camp Carnival.

Grandpa (me) is taking his grandson and granddaughter on the June 4th, Carnival Liberty, cruise. The question I have is "What are the age groups for Camp Carnival?"

My grandson is 5 and my granddaughter is 9. Will they be in different groups?

Also: What sort of activities do they do with the kids?

Thanks for whatever information you can provide.
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Admiral

according to this they will be seperated

Camp Carnival Youth Program | Carnival Cruise Lines

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Familiar Face

They will be in different groups but will have alot of things to do. They do art projects, play games, story time, watch movies, crafts, dancing, build a bear for a fee. After 10pm is the only time that there is a $6.00 per hour for babysitting. My six year old loves camp
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Yes, they will be in different age groups.

Something to think about (and discuss with the 9 year old)....at age 9, Carnival allows them to sign themselves out of the Camp Carnival.

IF you do not want the child to have that privilege, than you have to let the counselors know.

With our boys, we just had an understanding between ourselves that they were not to leave Camp Carnival Activities until we came and got them.

But some parents prefer the "official" route. However, I am thinking that IF you don't give them permission to sign themselves out...this may interfere with their ability to do the ship wide scavenger hunt.

I believe that is the only event this signature requirement affects.

After 10PM, Babysitting is done at Camp Carnival. It is $6 an hour for the first child and $4 an hour for each additional child. And they are open until 3AM.

We have used Camp Carnival many times over the years and have always been very pleased.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old April 6th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

They will be in different groups and I don't think they will make exceptions. My daughter is 19 now and my son is 7 and she has been on 3 cruises and he has been on 2. They always did the camp carnival and had a blast. Ended up meeting and making friends. That is all my son talks about, going to Camp Carnival. That is all he associates with a cruise.

Holiday 2002
Conquest 2004
Sensation 2008
Splendor 2009
Elation 2010
Triumph 2011
Conquest 2012
Elation 2012
Elation 2012 (B2B)
Conquest 2013
Dream 2014