CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Cocoa Beach Shuttle & Beachline Shuttle (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/381776-cocoa-beach-shuttle-beachline-shuttle.html)

Ace April 7th, 2011 12:52 PM

Cocoa Beach Shuttle & Beachline Shuttle

We are taking a cruise on the Carnival Dream and will be staying at a local motel in Cocoa Beach. I have negative reviews on these shuttles. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with either one of these?

CA Cruiser April 7th, 2011 01:45 PM

We used the Cocoa Beach Shuttle a few years ago and they were timely and friendly but now we just rent a car from Budget - return closest to the port. It is only an hours drive down the B-Line and gives you freedom to pick up last minute items and drive around the city. I grew up there and it is an easy place to get around. Enjoy your cruise.

Ace April 7th, 2011 02:05 PM

Thanks for the reply. We are driving down from Ohio so rental is not a good option for us. I know some of the motels use them and they stated they will pick us up at any motel in Cocoa Beach. Just don't like the negative reviews I've been reading.

Cruznut2 April 8th, 2011 05:11 AM

I stayed at a hotel in Cocoa Beach and called a shuttle. They said they never pick up before 1:00PM. I like to be aboard before then. I called a local taxi and they came and got us. I cannot remember the price but it was comparable to the shuttle and more efficient.

Laura

Ace April 8th, 2011 01:03 PM

Laura - Thank you for the info. We too like to get to the ship well before 1:00. I asked both shuttle services if they would pick us up at 9:30 and the answer was Yes! However I have read a lot of negative reviews about their reliability. Last time we were there the taxi was 2-3 times higher than the shuttle and after the cruise, I had trouble getting a taxi. All of them wanted to go to the airport (more $$$$$)

green_rd April 8th, 2011 05:09 PM

Some of the Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral hotels have park & cruise programs that include a shuttle. I believe the Radison is one. I'm sure there are others. Like Laura said the area is not that large that a shuttle will save you more over the cost of a cab. Just be sure to stay north of the Air Force base.

lhp April 9th, 2011 07:07 PM

We have used Cocoa Beach Shuttle one time (actually from the Radisson because we did not want to wait on their shuttle).

They were on time. Their vehicle was clean and well maintained. The staff were very nice.

We purchased a round trip ticket...and they were easy to find after the cruise....and took us right back to the Radisson....

Cruznut2 April 9th, 2011 08:01 PM

I am not sure of the price but it was less than $10. This was in 2005. The hotel was only about 3 miles from the port.

Laura

CA Cruiser April 10th, 2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace (Post 1364967)
Thanks for the reply. We are driving down from Ohio so rental is not a good option for us. I know some of the motels use them and they stated they will pick us up at any motel in Cocoa Beach. Just don't like the negative reviews I've been reading.

Sorry I thought you were flying in. If you are staying in Cocoa Beach, many hotels offer shuttle service. We have stayed at the Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn as well as the Radisson. Depending on the hotel/motel it is a few miles to the port so a taxi would be less than $20. Another shuttle service I've seen used a lot is Art's Shuttle. Hope this helps.

Ace April 10th, 2011 01:52 PM

Shuttle

Thanks to everyone responding to my questions. I haven't heard or Art's, I will try to give them a call!

09/26/2010 CARNIVAL PRIDE
01/04/2009 COSTA FORTUNA
11/09/2008 CARNIVAL LEGEND
10/20/2007 CARNIVAL GLORY
10/28/2006 CARNIVAL TRIUMPH
12/05/2004 CARNIVAL MIRACLE
10/29/2000 PARADISE
10/01/1998 TROPICALE
01/17/1997 ECSTASY
09/29/1995 ECSTASY

gadawg54 September 23rd, 2013 10:18 AM

Don't use Beachline Transport

We stay at the DoubleTree and they use Beachline Transport.
This shuttle service is always late! No Customer Service if there are issues !

Take a taxi, it's the same price or just a little more.

Paul Motter September 23rd, 2013 12:53 PM

I recall we used whatever shuttle the hotel we stayed at in Cocoa beach offered. They picked us up at 11:00 and we were among the first at our ship. Frankly I would have rather waited for 1:00 since everyone was there early and boarding the ship was a zoo.