Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Carnival Freedom Cabins 7208 & 7212???

We are booked on Carnival Freedom this summer on the Upper Deck right above the 70's disco. At the time these were the cabins we were assigned. They are two cabins side by side. We always travel in connecting cabins but this was not an option when we booked.

No two cabins on the Empress Deck have opened up. Theyare connecting which is what we wanted because of our children. However, I have read that there are some concerns with cabin 7208, in particular. I read a complaint about the extended overhand due to the bridge. For me, this is not so much an issue as I do not plan to sunbathe on the balcony. I kind of like the idea of the balcony not being so sunny and a bit on the shady side.

However, noise is my problem. I like to relax and also get a good nights sleep. Does anyone know if there is a problem with noise in cabin 7208. If there is then maybe we should just stay witht he cabins we already have.

Confused, please help!!!
Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Admiral

We have not stayed that far forward but my gut says there won't be many people walking by - we have had an aft balcony and a cabin right around the corner and there wasn't much foot traffic. There is a door nearby that opens onto the forward deck - this door has a tendency to bang when people got out to check the view - it is hard to open and slams easily because of the 20 knot breeze the ship creates.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old August 23rd, 2011, 09:08 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default how was it?

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am being nosey! lol

Have you sailed yet?

I have the same 2 rooms booked - 7208 & 7212 & am wondering if the overhang affected the sun on the balcony compared to other balconies.

Thanks!

April

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlycruises View Post
We are booked on Carnival Freedom this summer on the Upper Deck right above the 70's disco. At the time these were the cabins we were assigned. They are two cabins side by side. We always travel in connecting cabins but this was not an option when we booked.

No two cabins on the Empress Deck have opened up. Theyare connecting which is what we wanted because of our children. However, I have read that there are some concerns with cabin 7208, in particular. I read a complaint about the extended overhand due to the bridge. For me, this is not so much an issue as I do not plan to sunbathe on the balcony. I kind of like the idea of the balcony not being so sunny and a bit on the shady side.

However, noise is my problem. I like to relax and also get a good nights sleep. Does anyone know if there is a problem with noise in cabin 7208. If there is then maybe we should just stay witht he cabins we already have.

Confused, please help!!!