Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Excursions?!?

Sailing on the legend in august and the ports of call are Cozumel, Grand Caymans, Isle Rotan, and Belize and I was wondering about some of the excursions in those ports. One is there a reputable company that is not carnival that you can book excursions through and other than cave tubing all the ports have very similar excursions. I've been on cruises before and had plenty of stuff to do other than the excursions provided through the cruise line and I was wondering if this was true for these ports. Any sugestionsor advice will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

In Cozumel, you can easily get a cab over to Chankaab Park, for snorkeling or even swimming with the dolphins. If you wanted to do the swim, I highly suggest pre-booking that one, it fills up qickly, but is a once in a lifetime kind of expierence.

In Grand Cayman, best excursion is snorkeling with the Sting Rays. You can book it with an outside vendor, just google Grand Cayman. Just keep in mind, that its a tender port and allow plenty of time. When booking through the cruiseline, they will wait on you if its running late, but when you book yourself, you are on your own. You need to be onboard an hour before they leave the port.

I've heard the thing to do in Belieze is cave tubing, it can be booked independly as well or with the cruiseline. This port is also a tender port, and a fairly long tender ride, so keep that in mind.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 16th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Welcome Newcomer

In Grand Cayman, going to Stingray City to swim with and feed stingrays was the highlight of our cruise. The name of the company escapes me, but I can find out if you like DO NOT book through the ship as those boats are so huge and crowded, you won't have near as good of an experience as with a smaller vendor. Look for one that takes 20 or less Enjoy! We'd love to do it again!
Old April 24th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Familiar Face

Default Western Caribbean

DONNA and CruzMomma are on the button - excellent advice, and the totally best way to go is with an independent - you can see the ad above on Major Tom at Belize Cave Tubing, Zipline, Mayan Ruins, Wildlife Centres, Snorkeling, and other tour activities with Major Tom, Minor Tom, and their veteran tour guides in Belize They are absolutely professional and one of the oldest independent tour operators in Belize. Book the zipline and cave tubing combo, which is far, far cheaper than on board, and you are in small groups - more personalized, private and comfortable. Don't miss the Belikin Beer or the Cashew Wine (yes, Cashew Wine !!!). Take a bottle back on board, chill, and serve at your table - the aroma will hit all the tables around you !!!
Old April 24th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Captain

Roatan, Victor Bodden is considered tops. I did just a taxi twice but did Victor last time and have nothing but praise for him They took us the entire day and showed us every nook and cranny cheap. For $5 a person you can add to see the monkeys at his house and go into the cage with them.

The cheapest way to see the stingrays at Caymans is thru Captain Marvin, just google his website for prices. One stop, stingrays is $35.95? and $39.95 for two stops to snorkle. cheaper prices for kids. (last time I looked, prices might have changed since then)

Nativeway is more expensive and includes lunch.