CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Scrambled eggs (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/382003-scrambled-eggs.html)

bbenedict April 19th, 2011 11:51 AM

Scrambled eggs

Hi...though all the food was delicious on the cruise, I was impressed with the scrambled eggs. They were so delicious that I want to make them at home. Does anyone know how they get them to taste so delicious and be so fluffy!! Thank you!

nlb1050 April 19th, 2011 03:24 PM

Are you talking the scrambled eggs in the MDR or the buffet? If the buffet they are dehydrated eggs, that are mixed with water or milk the night before, refidgerated then cooked in the morning.

Snoozeman April 19th, 2011 05:17 PM

The OP's first name is Eggs.....

LizandPhil April 19th, 2011 09:46 PM

Cheese whiz Rayroflroflroflrofl

Dutchman April 20th, 2011 06:19 PM

We were told at the chef table the scrambled eggs are real eggs with milk added on the lido deck. We don't have breakfest there we always go to the MDR. Somebody at the chef table ask him that question.

Trip April 20th, 2011 07:25 PM

The secret to fluffy eggs is to add a bit of ice water to the mix.

Snoozeman April 21st, 2011 10:14 AM

We use cold milk-added towards the end.:cool:

Trip April 21st, 2011 05:48 PM

Try it my way..totally different;)

Fern April 21st, 2011 07:29 PM

We've always added a little cold water to the eggs before we scramble them. I'm going to try both Trip's and SM's way :) ! I've never thought much of the scrambled eggs on board, but each to his own ;).

Trip April 21st, 2011 07:31 PM

We had scrambled eggs at my gf's house for brunch..I said these eggs are delish!!!

He told me no milk, just a tad of ice water...so darn good..he added a bit of cheese too:)

Dan40 April 23rd, 2011 09:26 PM

This will sound strange but adding water to the eggs makes them fluffy. I mix in an eggshell of water for each egg. I whip the eggs first, then put in the water and whip some more. Doesn't change the mixture, its just less messy.

Now the 'strange' part, adding milk instead of water, makes the eggs watery!

On a cruise, I go to the omelet station and order 2 eggs over medium or 2 scrambled. Sometimes 2 fried hard, all depends on the mood. I understand the eggs on the serving line are real eggs not military chow hall eggs, but I do the fresh cooked anyway.

Snoozeman April 23rd, 2011 11:07 PM

I've never tried water, but I will just to see.

Around here we use our scrambled eggs to make Migas.

Fern April 24th, 2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman (Post 1367654)
Around here we use our scrambled eggs to make Migas.

Ummm, yum :) ! (Okay, I had to look it up, but "yum" just the sameLOL!)

Trip April 24th, 2011 08:21 PM

And I said , huh?:)

Snoozeman April 24th, 2011 09:21 PM

So I asked Mr. Goggle since you mentioned it. I saw that Ree Drummond now has a recipe for migas (after visiting Texas). I really really like Ree's cook books. She lives on a ranch in Oklahoma and has great comfort foods and country recipes. Anyway she adds half&half to her scrambled eggs.

My DW likes the Tricia Yearwood cookbooks.

flowers April 25th, 2011 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1367111)

I thought the secret was adding milk and beating them with a fork. We usually have skim on hand.

Probably similar effect.

2katz3fsh April 25th, 2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1367111)

I do not eat dairy unless it is mixed with other ingredients in order to make the dish.

When I make parmesian coated anything or need to use an egg wash, (chicken, veal, etc.) I tend to use milk, but when I run out, I use water (although not iced--I may need to rethink that idea and will let you know). I can't taste the difference and it comes up just as light and fluffy as if I would have used milk.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Trip April 25th, 2011 08:42 AM

The plate served to me, had eggs, like I have not tasted before...they also looked unlike anything that ever came out of my kitchen....iced water is the thing that sets it apart he told me....worth a test recipe for sure:)

Haoie April 26th, 2011 08:04 PM

I liked the eggs too. Not so much the bacon.

Trip April 26th, 2011 08:06 PM

If they served me a bacon mountain, I would gladly climb it;)