Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2011, 10:49 AM
Familiar Face

Default Cruising in June-Carnival Liberty!

My husband and I will be cruising in June for our second cruise together and first time on the Liberty. We are visiting Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay Bahamas, San Juan Puerto Rico, and St. Thomas. The only plans we know of to make that sounds great are horse back riding in Half Moon Cay. Any suggestions on any other ports, or the Liberty in general? We are adventerous but love sightseeing too. I've heard Turks and Caicos are beautiful!

Thanks for your input

Amanda & Craig
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2011, 03:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Eastern Carribean

You really picked a great ship and Itinerary. Yes Turks and Caicos is beautiful but it is really not built yet. Do not bother going what they call downtown because there are 8 shops downtown. Either take a tour or stay in the compound with the wonderful beach and Margaritaville with the coolest pool ever built. Take a ride on Flow rider. San Juan is really great and wonderful shops. Keep in mind most of the Museums there are free. Look them up online.
Also go to the El Morro fort. St Thomas is the best of all and the best place is Blackbeards Castle aslo look it up online. You can bring your swinsuits and towels and spend the whole day here if you want. There are 3 or 4 pools you can use also you are really high up and can see all the ships from your beach chair. Take back a bottle of Pineapple rum it's the best one. From the ship you can take a taxi right to the front door. But if you are in for a walking adventure. Walk to town then when you get there ask one of the locals to point out where you can find the famous "99 steps". And walk right up to the Castle. If your a smoker it's time to buy. Cartons of ciggatetees are only $20
per and you can bring back 5 Cartons per person but only here. Half Moon Cay Go to the Beach and Have a great cruise.

You will love the ship. I hope you bringing your kids the ship will be full of them at that time of year.
Old April 21st, 2011, 09:48 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the tips!! I'm happy to hear the ship is great and some ideas for the ports. I will definitely look up free things on the Internet like u mentioned. No kids yet so will be able to enjoy couple time thanks again!
Old April 22nd, 2011, 07:18 PM
First Mate

We took this cruise a couple of years ago. Had a wonderful time. San Juan was great. We walked (yes walked) to the Morro Castle but took the tram (free) back to downtown. It was extremely hot but we had plenty of water. Sunscreen was also a necessity. Make sure you look into the free trams that run around the city. They were a big help for us Senior aka Old folks.

Need some cruise help?
Old April 30th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Familiar Face

Thank you for that info. We will bring sunscreen and water like you said! Wow..you walked..I'm Sure we will too! Thanks for tips..also were from Fl too..Orlando area.
Amanda & Craig