CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   On board schedules? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/382044-board-schedules.html)

littlepockit April 21st, 2011 12:43 PM

On board schedules?

Good Afternoon!

My husband and I were obsessively pouring over the Carnival site last night, trying to figure out if there were a Schedule of Events on board available? We just want to be a bit prepared, as far as packing goes. We are excited about the Ports, but we are more excited about being on board. What should we expect for our children, will there be themed "parties", etc?

I was thinking about bringing my precious Kindle. I didn't know if that would be wise or if I should just stalk the Fantasy's Library?

ruthlessboss April 21st, 2011 12:59 PM

From the moment you get to your room, daily programs. Next day programs will be on your bed nightly when they turn down the bed. Also, your towel creature and a chocolate. Don't worry about specific clothing, most are casual.

littlepockit April 21st, 2011 01:07 PM

Thanks, ruthless. :)

Donna April 21st, 2011 03:12 PM

I sure plan on taking my Kindle on my next cruise, loaded with a few good books....

averrette April 21st, 2011 04:34 PM

If you google Carnival Capers, you might be able to get an idea of the activities onboard.

Andude2 April 21st, 2011 05:00 PM

Definitely take your Kindle. The libraries, from what I understand, rely mostly on donations of previous guests to stock their shelves, and are pretty limited. BUT - from reading through other posts, be sure to download all your books before you go, cause the 3G on the kindle won't work in port, and the wifi is screwy, I think...

Besides - maybe you can educate the non-Kindlers on why they need a Kindle (or nook - since that's what I personally have!)

Enjoy the cruise!

Fern April 21st, 2011 07:20 PM

Welcome to Cruisemates!

I agree that you should bring your Kindle. Some of the library's shouldn't even be called "library" ;) !

I don't know how old your children are, but Carnival has a wonderful program called "Camp Carnival". Here's the link: Camp Carnival Youth Program | Carnival Cruise Lines

If your children are older check out the other options listed on the right side of the above link. There's something available for all kids through age 17.

From what I've heard, the children have so much fun that you'll have to "drag" them out to do things with you :D !

Re: Googling Carnival Capers. It's now call Carnival Fun Times. Who knows why??? I think Carnival Capers sounds so much better! Anyway, here's the link to John Heald's (Senior Cruise Director) lists of Fun Times:
Index of /funtimes

Please feel free to ask any questions you want here. We love to help!

Snoozeman April 21st, 2011 07:48 PM

Yes take a reader.

John Heald, the Senior Cruise Director for Carnival, has been collecting the Fun Times from various ships. They should be pretty current as they just started the project. Look for John Heald's Blog. That's where they can be found.

Welcome to Cruisemates.

Phil&Liz April 21st, 2011 08:49 PM

Great reply Fern !

chatreed April 22nd, 2011 04:31 AM

take kindle?good idea

dude_hdt April 25th, 2011 11:22 PM

I did take a Kindle last December loaded with lots of books...but so much stuff to do and see on the ship that I didn't get very many pages read. I guess that's a good thing.

littlepockit April 27th, 2011 12:34 PM

Thanks so much, everyone!

I have been looking at John Heald's blog. He is very entertaining! We found the Fun Times for a similar crusie and that really helps to quell the anxiety. We are not anxious or nervous people, normally. I think we are just so excited about taking a family vacation (our first, ever!) that we can barely contain ourselves.

I am taking my Kindle. We are all pretty avid readers, so it may be a device we all will appreciate at some point on the ship. Luckily, it can hold a ton of books!

Again, thanks so much!

Snoozeman April 27th, 2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepockit (Post 1368207)
Thanks so much, everyone!

I have been looking at John Heald's blog. He is very entertaining! We found the Fun Times for a similar crusie and that really helps to quell the anxiety. We are not anxious or nervous people, normally. I think we are just so excited about taking a family vacation (our first, ever!) that we can barely contain ourselves.

I am taking my Kindle. We are all pretty avid readers, so it may be a device we all will appreciate at some point on the ship. Luckily, it can hold a ton of books!

Again, thanks so much!

Super-glad your excited. I guess you found the Fun Times library on the bottom right of John's Blog page.

Paul Motter, just wrote a nice article about John here on Cruisemates. He is interesting, no doubt.

My wife took my iPad the first night I had it when she discovered she could d/l books.:rolleyes: