CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Elation (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/382180-elation.html)

northteach April 27th, 2011 04:58 PM

Elation

We are saling out of Mobile on the Elation for 7 days. Montego Bay, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. We are driving to the port. Any tips for parking? What about dress code for the dining room and when are the formal nights? Any suggestions on excursions? Any need to know info?

flowers April 27th, 2011 05:24 PM

Im leaving sunday to go on Elation Monday. Was on her in Feb and have been to all your ports. Hard to me to pick excursions for someone else.

I am in a OV, thru cruise vouchers (the vouchers you buy on ebay), so Im going on the cheap.

Mobile Bay Adventure Inn is charging $5 a day for parking. Seems safer than parking under the bridge. I plan on staying there, but they are reorganizing and a bit scattered and its far from a fancy place. Im driving 11 1/2 hours in from Dallas, so I just want a place to sleep and park.

If you just need parking, you might consider their $5 a day parking is why I mention them at all.

I would say the vast majority stay at Microtel in Saraland, not close to the port but they will shuttle you back and forth.

Here are some other cruise deals, hotel with parking. Some close enough to walk to the port.

Mobile Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau - Official Tourism and Convention Website for Mobile Alabama

If you have any ship questions ...ask away.

rjalexie April 27th, 2011 11:43 PM

Just cruise from Mobile earlier this month. We actually parked in the terminal parking, $15.00 per day but was very easy in and out. Although we are VIP cruisers and getting off the ship first helped a lot. We arrived at about 10:00 AM and was told that they would not let anyone in the parking garage until about 10:30. So we turned around and got on a side street parralel the railroad tracks and waited for about 10 minutes and they motioned us into the garage. we were the 6th car to enter, from there we dropped off the check-in luggage went up the ramp, paid for parking and found a spot just a few feet from the elevator. Got off the ship for 8:15, pick up our luggage, got through customs and was back on the interstate heading home for 8:40. Hope this helps you. Rick

BJW3 April 28th, 2011 10:08 AM

What about the "formal" nights? How Formal is it. I don't have a coat and tie. Will a nice shirt and slacks be ok?

littlepockit April 28th, 2011 11:17 AM

BJW3, Nice shirt and slacks will be fine. I think if it would be OK for church or even a wedding, it would be OK for a formal night.

teach2cruise April 30th, 2011 11:19 PM

Sailed on the Elation in late March. We stayed at the Microtel in Saraland - just a few miles outside of Mobile. Free parking and free shuttle to the port. Nice hotel, clean, great service, good breakfast included. And it's walking distance to Wentzell's Oyster House. I'm going to miss sailing out of Mobile, that was my 3rd one, and love it. :(

Gail4cruising May 1st, 2011 08:01 PM

We also stayed at the Microtel in Saraland. We will stay there again if we get a chance to cruise out of Mobile again. We paid around 110 for the hotel and that was like getting the room free almost because the parking would have been almost that. It is a nicer Microtel than most Microtel's and as previously stated the room was nice and clean and breakfast food was more than just pastries or waffles.