CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Flight and Boarding time. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/382212-flight-boarding-time.html)

Barryn514 April 29th, 2011 04:04 PM

Flight and Boarding time.

I saw someone post a tread regarding flying into Orlando but now I can not find it. :(

We are sailing the Dream on Oct 15th and would like to book our air transportation this week-end before the fares go up. Am looking at taking the red eye out of San Diego to Orlando on the 14th to arrive in Orlando (MCO) on the 15th at 9:21AM. How long does it take to get from the airport to the cruise ship terminal. Not sure what time we can board but the ship departs at 4PM.

On the outbound we are looking at leaving MCO at 4:50PM which should give us enough time to clear customs and such and get to the airport.

Thanks for any info!

Mike M April 29th, 2011 04:50 PM

Allow yourself 90 minutes to get from the airport to Port Canaveral. You may want to look into the cruise line transfer for this. You will be able to board the ship sometime between 11 a.m. and noon. Your cabin will probably not be available until around 1:00 p.m.

Take care,
Mike

cruised1014 April 29th, 2011 05:34 PM

Orlando to Port Canaveral

As long as you have no flight delays you should be fine. It is best to arrive a day before in case those things happen beacuse it will be hurricane season here in Florida. You will have about a 45 minute ride to the port. They start boarding at noon so you should be there about that time or earlier. The way home you will be at the airport easily by noon or so unless you "walk your luggage off" you would be off the ship before 8 am. You will love the new complex Carnival paid 63 Million dollars to build in Roatan. Look it up online on carnivals site with excursions. Great beach ,shops, bars. In Belize book a tour with the ship or just stay in the "compound" it's not too nice of a place like Cozumel or Grand Cayman. Be safe and have a great cruise. Ed

Barryn514 April 29th, 2011 06:14 PM

Thanks for the response.

Guess I will go ahead and make the reservations. We already made our reservations for the trip in July that goes to Alaska.

Have heard a lot of good things about the Dream and looking forward to it.

Barryn514 April 29th, 2011 06:53 PM

Ok, we are booked! WOW, the price to fly is 1/2 of what we are paying for the cruise. :(

flowers April 29th, 2011 10:59 PM

You are extremely brave flying in the day of the cruise. I thought about it to save on the hotel to Ft Lauderdale, but frankly Im too chicken, so coming in the night before.

I agree with the other poster .... not for me. I guess Im resigned to paying the extra night of hotel.

Im too much of a worrier to book what you did.

Barryn514 April 30th, 2011 12:12 AM

Will I have a large window as far as time and insurance as well.

cherylroy April 30th, 2011 10:43 AM

I have insurance too - but am also a chicken! My sister just was delayed big time on her flight - and its not even bad weather/hurricane season in most areas. We opted to fly in the day before for our cruise on the dream- the hotels arn't that expensive for piece of mind and one day in orlando will be fun. Gonna hit places like ripleys and Wonderworld and dinner show before we head out the next a.m. for the Dream. Make sure you fly in the day ahead when going to alaska. We have been twice (OMG it is beautiful) and the first time we were delayed and the airline had to put us up at a hotel in our connection area to fly out the next a.m.!! If we were not flying in a day ahead - we would have missed the ship! Made me a believer! LOL Enjoy, have fun and post something!!! I am on the Dream in Jan!