Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Liberty or Dream...what would you do?!?!

We can't decide?!?! Please help!

Looking at going to E.Car. on Liberty, Sept.29/12. Goes to Half Moon Cay, St.Thomas, San Juan, Turks.

Or

E.Car. on Dream, Sept.29/12, Going to Nassau, St.Thomas and St.Maarten.

My children will be 7 and 3, what itinerary is better for the kids? I don't know many of those locations, but have been to St.Maarten. Half Moon Cay looks amazing for the kids!?!

Would love some thoughts/opinions! Thanks so much everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Liberty itinerary wins it hands down
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BopDoc View Post
Liberty itinerary wins it hands down
I have to agree,,,especially with the kids along the beach at Half Moon will be a hit. Having said that,, if you do decide on "Dream" you'll like the ship IMO. We were a bit apprehensive to sail "Dream" because of the 4200 souls aboard, but found that with just a little planning, and thought, we could avoid most of the "BIG LINEUPS". Either ship would work just find, but I too would prefer "Liberty". ("Liberty" is also a GREAT ship IMO!)

"SKY"
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:55 AM
Familiar Face

Liberty all the way!!!!!!!
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:56 PM
Familiar Face

We picked the liberty same itinerary over the dream this time. I've heard the dream has a lot more rooms and people but not much more on the ship in comparison. Good luck!!
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:20 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks everyone for your help...especially when my post was so scatterbrained, !

It looks like we will be going on the Liberty, as they have a sailing in October and we would like to be farther out of the hurricane season if possible. Also, us Canadians have out Thanksgiving then, so it works out great.

I sure will miss the the Waterworks on the Dream though! My kids would have loved that!! (Mind you, could be a negative too, as the older one would be able to ride and the little one won't).

Thanks again everyone!!
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Tell me the little planning you did - we are booked on the dream ourselves. Thanks
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

You will love the Liberty and I would sail that also! We are booked on the dream tho --- daughter is dying to go on it!!!! And she is 22!
Old May 7th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylroy View Post
Tell me the little planning you did - we are booked on the dream ourselves. Thanks
Main thing is to NOT head for the gangway just as soon as the ship is cleared. Wait 30-45 minutes, then you can walk off with no lines at all. Also, the same for reboarding the ship. Don't wait till the last minute. I looked out my window, as we were getting ready to pull up the gangplank in St. Thomas, only to see a massive lineup of folks trying to get back aboard. Don't head for the lunch buffet right at noon. Once again, go a bit later, or use one of the other venues for lunch. The pasta bar is quite good, and not too many folks know about it in the beginning. Same goes for the Bar-B-Que served on deck 5. EXCELLENT, and not too crowded. When you're having a sea day,,,use the dining room for breakfast and lunch. Not crowded, and you get waited on! What could be better? Want to see the BIG SHOW? Go about 30 minutes early, and enjoy talking to the folks around you till the show starts, instead of walking in 10 minutes before showtime, only to find the theater FULL.
Have a GREAT time aboard "Dream". I know we did, and in fact, I've booked "Dream" again for September!

"SKY"