CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Bottled water (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/382468-bottled-water.html)

tropicalgal May 13th, 2011 10:34 PM

Bottled water

Carnival information page states that water should be carried on or put in your carry-on luggage. The last time we sailed we put it in our checked luggage. Can you still do that? It takes up so much room in the carry-on. Also how may carry on items are you allowed per person? Notebook, carry-on, purse, water? ? ? Thanks for the help. :D

S.S.Oceanlover May 14th, 2011 12:32 AM

you can carry on as much as you can carry but the water can longer be checked. It must be carried on. 12 bottles per pax.

Bill

Donna May 14th, 2011 04:51 AM

Keep in mind, that the water on the ship is perfectly fine, you can re-fill your bottles that way too.

ruthlessboss May 14th, 2011 05:34 AM

How did we oldsters make it to this point in life without BUYING our water and lugging it around?rofl

misguidedangel May 15th, 2011 07:56 PM

I spent $20 on a 1L refillable and insulated canteen. I like to think using that saved a fair number of plastic bottles and my water stayed good and cold....

The ships water so good I drink more than the usual 1.5L a day recommended!

SUSAN CURTIS May 16th, 2011 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.S.Oceanlover (Post 1370946)
you can carry on as much as you can carry but the water can longer be checked. It must be carried on. 12 bottles per pax.

Bill

Is that 12 bottles of water and a 12 pkg of soda or either/or/combo?

HawkeyeFLA May 16th, 2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUSAN CURTIS (Post 1371189)
Is that 12 bottles of water and a 12 pkg of soda or either/or/combo?

My memory based interpretation of the rule on Carnival.com is 12 total per passenger.

And here is directly from the website FAQs

On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage.

So total of 12 per person.

SUSAN CURTIS May 16th, 2011 11:58 PM

Thanks. That is what I thought also, but was hoping to be wrong.

SUSAN CURTIS May 19th, 2011 04:49 PM

You may use a rolling suitcase and combine your passenger limit. Then you just have to lift it for stairwells, but everything else is a piece of cake.

Trip May 19th, 2011 05:50 PM

I'm another who doesn't understand shlepping water. The ships water is great..just fill a bottle you bring.

flowers May 19th, 2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1371900)
I'm another who doesn't understand shlepping water. The ships water is great..just fill a bottle you bring.

and then complaining its too heavy to carry.

for clarification, the rule on the FAQs state each passenger may bring a package of 12 nonalchoholic drinks in their carry on.

its doesnt say 12 sodas and 12 waters and 12 juices.. it just says "a package of 12". (whatever a package is I dont know)

SUSAN CURTIS May 19th, 2011 07:04 PM

I want bottled water at the ports. My water is so much cheaper than the bottled water on the ship. Also my soda is alot cheaper than I can purchase it onboard.

Fern May 19th, 2011 08:40 PM

Susan, the tap water onboard is just as good, if not better, than any bottled water you can bring or buy. Just bring a refillable bottle with you.

IMHO, the soda price's are high, but when you spend thousand's of dollar's on a cruise I don't understand why $11.00 and something for 6 soda's is so expensive. Maybe someone can explain it to me?

HawkeyeFLA May 20th, 2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fern (Post 1371923)
Susan, the tap water onboard is just as good, if not better, than any bottled water you can bring or buy. Just bring a refillable bottle with you.

IMHO, the soda price's are high, but when you spend thousand's of dollar's on a cruise I don't understand why $11.00 and something for 6 soda's is so expensive. Maybe someone can explain it to me?

Some of us are on *very* tight budgets. Every penny counts etc etc. And I know when I cruise, its not thousands of dollars for me, but I'm not doing airfare or any of that jazz.

misguidedangel May 20th, 2011 08:31 PM

If anyone cares to do the math, a 12 pack of water will last one couple two days, three at best. Therefore, buy a eco-friendly insulated water bottle and refill it as many times as necessary......

I'll be bringing a 12 pack of pop (Soda to Americans), but it isn't for me......

TruckerD May 21st, 2011 05:56 PM

I don't get the whole bringing water on board either. I have a 32oz stainless steel water bottle I use. The only thing I do bring is those little single serv powdered drink mixes. (Kool-aid, Hawaian punch, lemonade, green tea etc) I like a little more choice then the free lemonade or tea on board.

Of course I do buy the fountain club card to spoil myself with soda while on board.

Donna May 21st, 2011 06:46 PM

I also hardly drink soda while on a cruise, I do enjoy the lemonaide and iced tea...I don't drink either much at home, so it is a treat for me on vacation.

Dhill May 21st, 2011 07:36 PM

The water on the ship my wife and I was on seemed fine to us I dont see any need to lug a bunch of water around. The only drinks we bought were a couple of sodas and expressos my wife likes those oh and a few bar drinks besides that there was plenty of other free drinks on the ship.;)