Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Familiar Face

Default My friend's honeymoon cruise... questions!

Hello all. My friend is going on her honeymoon on Carnival Destiny out of Miami, June 27. She has never flown or cruised before, and neither has her future hubby. She has some questions that we haven't found answers for, specifically:

Do the pools close? Like if they are awake at 3am and want to go swimming, can they do that?

And

What are the dining options on their ship? Are there upcharge dining places on this ship?

Thanks, I'm sure we'll think of more for you!

New to Cruising- UNTIL...

Allure of the Seas- 2012!

The Crew:

Captain Mama D- 38 (Me)
First Mate- Daughter Shannon- 18
Second Mate- Daughter Jasmine- 18

and The Swab- Little Man Adam- 11
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Admiral

The pools do close - I'm not sure of the time, the hot tubs stay open later but not real late.

Destiny will have fixed dining times as well as AnyTime dining - one of those has been selected when they booked. There is a steakhouse they can book. I believe it is $30/pp, but it is totally optional.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklaCruiserMom View Post
Hello all. My friend is going on her honeymoon on Carnival Destiny out of Miami, June 27. She has never flown or cruised before, and neither has her future hubby. She has some questions that we haven't found answers for, specifically:

Do the pools close? Like if they are awake at 3am and want to go swimming, can they do that?

And

What are the dining options on their ship? Are there upcharge dining places on this ship?

Thanks, I'm sure we'll think of more for you!
The pools will close somewhere around 8 - 10 p.m. They put a net over them so no one can "sneak a swim". The hot tubs are usually open until midnight.

The Steak House is an up charge restaurant and charges $30 pp but IMO is that it is worth it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 19th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Destiny

Well I will tell you all the "truth" about this ship and some things you can do make your cruise the best ever. A cruise is what "YOU" make of it. So don't let all the little things bother you. First is the time of year your Cruising is for familys and lot's and lot's of kids. There out of school. Best time of the year is November and December but stay away from holidays. Costs This cruise cost 600 per person or more is summer but 279 per person in the winter.

June will be unbeliably hot. Wear sunscreen even just walking around port and don't forget the tops of your feet if your wearing sandals or beach shoes.
In Nassau find a local parasailing or jet ski trip right when you get off the dock. In half moon cay just hit the beach and In Turks just hang out at the beach and MargaritaVille the pools are amazing. Have a couple of there largest margaritas ($17.00 each) but worth every cent. Pack a carry on suitcase with two 12 packs of your favorite soda pepsi /coke etc.(no liquoir) they will take liquoir. It will save you $35 for a soda card on board.
24 hour pizza now has added Calzones which are out of this world. Have a great Cruise. Ed