Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Family Friendly Beach Excursions in Progresso

My family and I (including sons 13, 11, and 9) will be going on our first cruise in July. We will be stopping in Cozumel and Progresso. We are set on our excursion in Cozumel but not as sure about Progresso. Does anyone have any suggestions for a fun beach excursion in Progresso?
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2myboys View Post
My family and I (including sons 13, 11, and 9) will be going on our first cruise in July. We will be stopping in Cozumel and Progresso. We are set on our excursion in Cozumel but not as sure about Progresso. Does anyone have any suggestions for a fun beach excursion in Progresso?
Am I to assume from the lack of responses that there are no family friendly excursions in Progresso? Maybe we wil just stay on the ship....
Old June 13th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

The beach is free and you can make your own fun. Ride the shuttle into town and then it's just a few blocks walk to the beach.

An excursion to a Mayan ruin is the thing to do in Progreso (NOTE one 's'). Several to choose from here.

BTW--Welcome to Cruisemates

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old June 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Captain

I have the list of all inclusive beach and other great excursions from autoprogresso you get when you get off the free bus down the longest pier in the world. about 3 miles long.

There are all inclusive beachs, flamingos for $19, ruins are better to see from this port than cozumel (as cozumel is a island so you have to take a ferry off the island to see much). I think its one of the best ports for excursions.