CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   What to bring? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/382696-what-bring.html)

smileyface19 May 25th, 2011 03:01 PM

What to bring?

I will be going on a cruise with my mom and myself. I am 12 years old. hat type of things should we bring. Like clothes,activities,food ect?

Trip May 25th, 2011 05:16 PM

Smiley, I want to suggest you also check in on the teens forum...Lots of info will be coming your way...Love your picture btw...

Bring a power strip, in pristene condition for all your electronics.....bring a large garbage bag,to use as a hamper in the closet for all the dirty clothes, then it can be packed as is..Bring a small medicine cabinet of meds with you as these will be costly to buy onboard and in ports..

Many more suggestions/answers coming..cut and paste, or grab a pen:)

Doug S May 25th, 2011 05:46 PM

My kids always prefered clipping their Sea Passes to a lanyard they wore around their neck. If you have one, bring it, or you can buy one on the ship. Good walkie talkie radios were a plus for keeping up with my crew. Camera, sunglasses, big floppy tourist hats, back pack/carry bag for pool time and excursions, sun screen, extra swim suit so you always have a dry one...

Don't be afraid to get involved with the youth activities on board. My boys always enjoyed hanging out with others their age.

smileyface19 May 25th, 2011 09:54 PM

THanks everyone. ANd thank you for liking my pic:D

Iamsoreadytogo May 31st, 2011 02:35 PM

Smiley,

I am a single mom that cruises with my girls (about your age).. the things we cant live without are walkie talkies.. it allows them to go off and explore and still keep in contact with me. Highlighter for the capers, lanyard for the sign and sail card, good waterbottles - we fill them with ice and water on board and bring them to the islands. A good waterproof wallet so that you can have your money/credit card/sign sail card with you at all times at the beaches. Also dont forget a variety of medicine (just incase), powercord to plug different chargers at the same time.
As for clothes.. my girls wear nice dresses for formal nights, and either capris or skirt with a cute blouse other nights.. typically we bring both black and white sandals which will work for all nights. most days you will be in your bathing suit.. they pack at least a few bathing suits and coverups and comfortable flipflops (or crocs) that they wear around most days.
Take advantage of the kids (or preteen) clubs. You will meet lots of other kids your own age and it will give your mom time to enjoy some adult conversation. =)

RTALLEN June 2nd, 2011 10:26 AM

Smiley,

If you plan on doing any snorkeling on one of your excursions, and plan on taking any underwater pictures, buy a disposable underwater camera at a discount store such as Walmart or K-Mart. It will be much cheaper than if you wait and purchase one in the ship's gift shop. Also (very important!), don't forget your sunblock. A sunburn is not the kind of souvenir you want to bring home. :( Hope you have a great cruise!