Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Why do you cruise Carnival?

For me it's the:

1. Value (reasonably priced)
2. The perception of a more "active" environment.
3. The food
4. The size of the cabins.

Why do you cruise Carnival?

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

As a single cruiser paying the "Single supplement It is the most reasonable line out there.
I have tried other lines other than Carnival and frankly I find Carnival to provide a better cruise.
I also know about the "singles" cabins on the Norwegian Epic. I have done a lot of research on them I concluded that booking a regular room on this ship would be a better deal for me. As an older single I was put off by the idea of a gathering place right outside the cabins. I could just hear the young singles coming back from a night of partying and gathering there to continue the party.....no thanks. I was also not impressed with the cabin size nor the fact that the bathroom equipment was in the room rather than in a seperate space.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 27th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

I cruise Carnival because RCL has relocated all their ship from the west coast. I think they knew that we only needed one more cruise for us to get Diamond plus. . . .
Old May 27th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Value and that we can sail out of Galveston, which makes our drive or air fare much less $$$!

We've also enjoyed the food and the "casualness (is that a word) of Carnival.

Princess is our favorite, but Carnival is a very close second .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old May 28th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2 View Post
As a single cruiser paying the "Single supplement It is the most reasonable line out there.

Laura
I find Carnival is not the best option for solo cruisers due to the 200%, since I can find as cheap as 0% supplement on RCL and other lines.

Im looking for a cheap deal for solos on Carnival, but not finding any these days.

I cruise on Carnival because its the only full time ship out of TX. Its convenient to only have to drive 5 hours to a port. If I have to fly, it complicates the planning enough that I cruise less, so I thrown in some Carnival cruises to tide me over.
Old May 28th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Familiar Face

Smile Why we cruise carnival

With a family of 5, in this economy- It has been the best option for us.
The food, the fun, the family time at dinner. This fast paced world causes us not to slow down and appreciate the little things. The photo opportunities are endless, beats even the cheap deals on land.
I can turn my cell phone off and truly be OFF WORK for a week. Getting to go on excursions that are fairly reasonably priced. To sample the destinations without have to fly there.
I cant wait until our cruise on the Majic next May.

Elation 2003
Celebration 2004
Conquest 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2008
Conquest 2009
Conquest 2010
Magic 2012
Magic 2013
Old May 29th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Best cruise for the dollar.....

but we cruise Carnival because of the exceptional care they have given our son with Autism.

He is so comfortable, it is like he gets to be a normal kid for a week...

priceless!

(and that is not to say that RCCL or NCL or Princess etc would not be the same way.....hubby started cruising with Carnival in 1982....so we went as a family with what he was familiar with and were hooked!)

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old May 29th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default any cruise is a good cruise

started on carnival just love cruising just being on the water is the most peaceful feeling in the world have been on carnival 5 times princess 2 times going to try norwegian epic next year
Old May 30th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have have done several cruises on both RCL and Carnival. When we plan a cruise, we take several things into consideration. In no particular order, the size of the ship, onboard amenities, the ship's port of departure, the ship's itinerary, the cost of the cruise, and what past guests have had to say about the ship we're considering. Unless we're planning a "ship specific" cruise, we tend to prefer Carnival. It's less expensive than RCL, the cabins are bigger, the food (IMO) is every bit as good (gotta love the almost 24 hr. pizza bar!), and, on a seven day cruise, Carnival has fewer days at sea with more ports of call, whereas RCL is just the opposite. Overall, we feel that Carnival has the best value for the money spent.
Old May 31st, 2011, 09:40 AM
First Mate

After 28 cruises with Carnival, its our home away from home. We have had some great prices over the years for a balcony and like the way Carnival operates. There are always little things we don't like but who cares, life is never perfect with cruising. I love reading the complaints people have, most need to get a life, most don't even know the policys of the cruise line, and some just like to complaine. The Pride being moved so close to us has saved us alot of money to cruise. We love the spirit class. We have been on 4 cruise lines and they really are not that much different. So why not go on the one that makes you feel at home. Now we need some NEW close to spirit class ships from carnival and we will be really happy cruisers. Carnival could give something for a perk for milestone only after your 25th cruise, I had to moan about something.
Old May 31st, 2011, 11:52 AM
Admiral

I would have to say:

Value (reasonably priced)
The food
The size of the cabins.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old June 9th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I go for the vanilla frozen yogurt! It's very addictive. Also the cabin sizes are decent, and they have great shows.
Old June 9th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

I initially cruised with Carnival because of a specific itinerary. I will cruise again because of the entertainment staff and the cabin sizes. (And the waterslides)
Old June 9th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Value.... stateroom size..... Great Bang for your Buck !
As for food.... very subjective and not the main reason I would sail with CCL for sure
Entertainment..... Similar to other lines
Announcements..... Annoying at times
CD.... Has no affect on my cruise
High Pressure Drink/Souvenier tactics.....

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old June 12th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Started out with Carnival and just kept coming back. Love the product and atmosphere. It's also the value and bang for the buck. I also like the loyalty program and the Player's Club. They always treat me well and I feel at home on the Fun Ships.
Old June 12th, 2011, 10:13 AM
First Mate

1st cruise we took was to Alaska on the Jubilee (yea we are getting old) and then took the Spirit to Alaska a couple of years later. We never had a bad cruise on Carnival and now 12 cruises later we still find them the best for us. We did one cruise with Princess (14 days to Southern Carib) and a 7 day one with RCL to Eastern Carib. Both were good cruises but we just feel that Carnival is the best for us. Now that we are Platinum we like the bennies. Didn't mean to be so vocal but we really do like Carnival

Need some cruise help?
Old June 13th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Curtis McCrea Send a message via MSN to Curtis McCrea Send a message via Yahoo to Curtis McCrea Send a message via Skype™ to Curtis McCrea

We cruise Carnival because:

1. Entertainment/Activities - We find Carnival supplies the right amount of entertaining venues to keep us amoused, and amazing activities to enjoy
2. Food - Carnival has the best food we have ever had
3. Price - For the experience we've had on Carnival, plus the value price, we've had out expectations exceeded
4. Rooms - The staterooms are spacious, colorful and comfy
5. Crew - The crew we have experienced are helpful and friendly

Cruises Past and Future:

Carnival Sensation - March 4 2010
Carnival Destiny - October 29 2012

Old June 13th, 2011, 09:00 PM
First Mate

For us, their cruises have all been reasonably priced and affordable. Always had great service, food is good and love the shows. Best bang for the buck. Besides, we don't need the rock climbing or the water rides, so why pay for all the extras, the ports are the same no matter what ship you arrive on.

Carnival Tropical 2000
Carnival Pride 2002
Carnival Glory 2003
Carnival Miracle 2004
Carnival Victory 2004
Sun Princess 2005
Carnival Legend 2006
Carnival Glory 2008
Carnival Liberty 2008
Carnival Freedom 2009
Carnival Dream 2011
Carnival Conquest 2012
Carnival Liberty - Sept 2013
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas- Sept 2014

Old June 17th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Familiar Face

I feel i get the most bang for my buck out of carnival. The ships are amazing food is good cabins are bigger then any of the other cruise lines and they leave out of a port that is 45mins away from me.
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't "always" cruise Carnival. Only 15 of my 51 cruises, 29%, have been on Carnival. If we want a particular cruise and Carnival doesn't offer that cruise, we go on whatever line does. But my Carnival cruises always seem to be the most relaxing, most fun, best food, and greatest value. And I've been on the top lines as well as some that have gone under.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 08:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have personally been a Royal Caribbean fan over the last 4 or five years. But in MHO, RCCL food quality has decreased and given the smaller size of the staterooms opposed to Carnival, I have been leaning toward cruising more on Carnival. The food quality has gone up and we are getting better rates for staterooms than on RCCL. We are Platinum on RCCL and VIP on Carnival so the perks are close. We are sailing the CCL Conquest Oct 2, 2011 for our 12th cruise on CCL and it's both my DW's and mine birthday cruise. Only 100 days before we cruise. Not that I am counting. Right!
CCL Ecstasy 10/25/10
RCCL Voyager OTS Jan 10, 2010
CCL Ecstasy 09/2009
CCL Fantasy 07/06/2009
CCLl Conquest 03/15/2009
RCCL Voyager OTS 02/01/09
RCCL 15 Days Voyager OTS TA 11/29/08
CCL Conquest 09/28/08
CCL Conquest 04/27/08
CCL Ecstasy 10/2007
CCL Elation 09/2006
RCL Rhapsody of Sea 10/2002
NCL Norwegian Sea 10/2000
CCL Holiday 11/1988
CCL Destiny 07/1997
P&O Canberra 1969

Old July 12th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Welcome Newcomer

FUN. In my opinion CCL is the funnest ship I have ever been on. It is ALIVE. Other lines are a little "fuddy duddy". Yes, I cruise other lines, when the price is too good to pass up, but when we cruise on other lines all we do is compare it to CCL.

Also, CCL's balcony cabins are bigger than other lines I have been on.
Old July 12th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Smile Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASA13 View Post
FUN. In my opinion CCL is the funnest ship I have ever been on. It is ALIVE. Other lines are a little "fuddy duddy". Yes, I cruise other lines, when the price is too good to pass up, but when we cruise on other lines all we do is compare it to CCL.

Also, CCL's balcony cabins are bigger than other lines I have been on.
Agree, the Balcony Staterooms are a bit larger on CCL. We are headed out on CCL Conquest Oct 2, 2011 for my Birthday Cruise. This is our 20th cruise and we are VIP on CCL so get the perks. Carnival Take Me Away from this heat in Texas! Anyone else going Oct 2, 2011? It is just 81 days, 21 hours and 1 min. Not that I am counting.
CCL Ecstasy 10/25/10
RCCL Voyager OTS Jan 10, 2010
CCL Ecstasy 09/2009
CCL Fantasy 07/06/2009
CCLl Conquest 03/15/2009
RCCL Voyager OTS 02/01/09
RCCL 15 Days Voyager OTS TA 11/29/08
CCL Conquest 09/28/08
CCL Conquest 04/27/08
CCL Ecstasy 10/2007
CCL Elation 09/2006
RCL Rhapsody of Sea 10/2002
NCL Norwegian Sea 10/2000
CCL Holiday 11/1988
CCL Destiny 07/1997
P&O Canberra 1969

Old July 13th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Lots of reasons, but the MAIN ones are:

1 - VALUE
2 - LARGE CABINS
3 - FREE FROZEN YOGURT
4 - EXCELLENT ENTERTAINMENT
5 - ABSOLUTE BEST KARAOKE PROGRAM AT SEA
6 - OUTSTANDING CREW AND SERVICE
7 - OVERALL SATISFACTION WITH THE CRUISE
Old July 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Familiar Face

My reasons for choosing Carnival?
1. My first cruise was on the Triumph (got hooked faster than a blink of an eye)
2. Price
3. Nice size cabins
4. Price
5. Nice size cabins
6. Price
7. Nice size cabins

Did I mention that the price is right and the standard cabin size is just up my alley?
Old July 13th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kccruisin'

I'd have to say that I cruise Carnival because it's a great value, my homeport is only 4 hours away and it's the first and only line that I've cruised so far.

CARNIVAL CONQUEST AUGUST 9,2009 ROLL CALL: http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=595854

Carnival Ecstasy W. Caribbean 2006
Carnival Ecstasy W. Caribbean 2007
Carnival Conquest E.Caribbean 2009
Carnival Ecstasy 2010
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Familiar Face

I think for us its because on the West Coast they had the most ships and choices. We have tried other cruise lines, we really don't have a preference to any cruise line as we base our decision on the location of where we want to go and then review pricing on all ships in that area. Carnival always seems to be lowest priced so we settle on them.

~ Future Cruises ~
~ None ~

~ Past Cruises ~
RCI - Vision of the Seas - 2003
RCI - Monarch of the Seas - 2004
NCL - Norwegian Sun - 2006
CCL - Paradise - 2007
CCL - Splendor - 2010
CCL - Spirit - 2011
CCL - Inspiration - 2011
Old July 17th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Captain

I post on the forum for the group cruises TA that I have lately been doing and was all YEA about a lot of Conquest cruises offered. and other people are sneering. Some times I feel like the low of the low defending my Carnival choices. If a great Carnival choice comes along I can drive to, I cannot resist.

I'v had 5 Conquest cruises in the last 3 years, skipping this year. I booked 3 of them in Sept as thats a good time to cruise, then the swine flu came along and Carnival could not go to Mexico and I got a last minute for $289 pp for a port hole cabin. Of course I took it. Then one of the Sept cruises, which was with some Crazies, some decided to stay on another week. The next week was my birthday, and I got a price of $399 and so I said why not and it was a lovely week to do a B2B as it turned out.

The cruise vouchers I have now been booking thru have as of late offered SIX Conquest group cruises. I signed up for 2, but managed to change one to the Magic when it was later offered. So, next year back on Conquest.

I have to say Im more looking forward to Magic than Conquest, but I cant resist a deal. I invited a Crazie friend to be a roomie on Conquest and she was like .. this is my 8th time on Conquest, so she isnt so sure she wants to go now. All of us Texans have been on close by ships too many times if we cruise a lot.. but its so darn convenient.
Old July 18th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Familiar face

Cause my sister are work there ...