CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Liqour purchase through Bon Voyage Dept. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/382850-liqour-purchase-through-bon-voyage-dept.html)

briguy June 1st, 2011 05:14 PM

Liqour purchase through Bon Voyage Dept.

Can you still buy bottles of booze thru Carnivals BV dept? I know its more expensive than land based but certainly cheaper than buying individual drinks. Second question is whether there is a price list and how extensive is the menu? My guess is standard types but would like some experienced folks to educate me before I call. Thanks in advance.

flowers June 1st, 2011 06:28 PM

Yes, you can still purchase thru bon voyager, but you have to call them. There is a list with prices you can easily google if no one has it book marked.

You can also purchase items not on the list if you ask, as someone just said they purchased a bottle of Southern Comfort, not on the list, as a for instance.

Prices start at $40, mostly 1 liter bottles.

Donna June 1st, 2011 06:29 PM

I am seeing a nice list of wines you can order for a bon voyage gift among some other goodies:

Carnival Gifts | Carnival Services | Carnival Cruise Lines

May-be one of these will do?

Mike M June 2nd, 2011 01:00 AM

They have a large selection of liquors available through Bon Voyage. Prices start around $40 and go up to around $70 for a few top shelf brands. Mixers are extra but Carnival has about the the best pricing of all the cruise lines. You will pay $100+ on Celebrity or NCL.

Here is the number: 800-522-7648

Rums:
Capt Morgan Spiced $55, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.
Malibu $55
Bombay Sapphire $55
Johnny Walker/Black $70
Jim Beam $38
Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60
Patron Silver $70

Also: If there is something not listed just ask. My daughter wanted Peach Schnaaps :roll: and I was able to order that.

Take care,
Mike

HawkeyeFLA June 2nd, 2011 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1374113)
I am seeing a nice list of wines you can order for a bon voyage gift among some other goodies:

Carnival Gifts | Carnival Services | Carnival Cruise Lines

May-be one of these will do?

Donna, OP is after the ability to have a bottle of actual hard liquor in their cabin when they get there. Something I know that Carnival is rare for doing. Its not something you can order via BV online, only by calling and requesting. It's something I wish I had known before my Imagination cruise, and something that has me leaning towards Carnival for my next long cruise.

Florida Girl June 2nd, 2011 11:47 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bon Voyage Department! I have myself a good laugh everytime my cruising buddies find the dreaded "pink slip" in their luggage because they've been busted trying to smuggle on booze. rofl

Meanwhile, mine is safe and sound wrapped in a pretty bow.

However, Carnival did confiscate my Magic Bullet blender which I was a little peeved about. Never has been a problem before, but I guess with all the press from the engine fire earlier in the year they were really pushing the 'fire hazard' rules. Oh well, rocks vs. frozen was so bad.

deadmoney June 2nd, 2011 06:36 PM

FYI for those that don't know, you can also order hard liquor from room service .......at least on the Legend last month I was able to.:D

Donna June 2nd, 2011 07:41 PM

DM,
Can you order whole bottles of hard liquor through room service?? What kind of price too?

flowers June 2nd, 2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1374287)
DM,
Can you order whole bottles of hard liquor through room service?? What kind of price too?

Pretty much the same prices as above... sometimes you cant count on room service, is why I think some want the peace of mind and order it from BonVoyage .. back up service.

Yes, whole bottles.

Dr Plunger June 2nd, 2011 10:20 PM

Mr Jack

Ordered a bottle of Jack Daniels from Bon Voyage dept. Cost was $58, well worth it considering the price of a mixed drink. It was for a 1 liter bottle, and I still bought drinks while out, got mixers before boarding. Was on a 6 day cruise. Would order again!!!!

deadmoney June 3rd, 2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1374287)
DM,

Same price and size as Bon Voyage.
I've read conflicting stories on different forums about it being fleet wide, so all I can actually speak to is my experience on the Legend last month.