CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Thalassotherapy Pool voyage pass (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/382938-thalassotherapy-pool-voyage-pass.html)

IsenPedOT June 5th, 2011 11:07 AM

Thalassotherapy Pool voyage pass

Does anyone know how much the voyage pass is for the Carnival Dream that includes the Thalassotherapy Pool? Thanks. We are leaving July 9th.

flowers June 5th, 2011 01:17 PM

The couple price was $249.

I have heard varying prices from $149 to $199 for a individual pass.

Its free with a spa cabin booking.

naturist June 5th, 2011 05:23 PM

I wouldn't exactly say it's free with a spa cabin. It's built in to the fare for that cabin. We booked a cabin down just one deck and only had to walk maybe 100 feet to get to the spa. Even after paying the $249.00 for the week, we still came out ahead.

IsenPedOT June 10th, 2011 06:00 PM

Was it worth the $249?

2katz3fsh June 10th, 2011 09:37 PM

We usually have these weekly passes to this pool while on HAL cruises. Since we usually don't use them the first day, last day, and sometimes one other day on 7 day cruises, it would not be worth paying it. We tended to go there around 5 pm and spent about a half hour in the pool. Then, we would move to the sauna rooms and lounge out on their heated mosiac loungers for another half hour. We'd leave about 6/6:30 to get ready for dinner. We only utilized these once a day. They felt good while we were there, esp at the end of a busy day when they revitalized us, but hub and I both agreed that we'd rather get a day pass, then we would not feel too guilty about spending the money and not going there.

IsenPedOT June 11th, 2011 09:27 AM

Thank you! It is a cruise with 4 ports. Day pass may be way to go!

flowers June 11th, 2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsenPedOT (Post 1375593)
Thank you! It is a cruise with 4 ports. Day pass may be way to go!

Unless they have trouble selling the weekly passes, they wouldnt have day passes on sale... its only if they dont sell out enough weekly passes, then then offer day passes. Varys by cruise.

Iv heard some said absolutely worth it, and some said not worth it. I think some people are more spa people than others.

venice June 11th, 2011 11:26 AM

IMHO it is absolutely worth it..was on the Zuiderdam in Nov 2004 following spinal fusion surgery..my physical therapist worked with HAL medical staff and my insurance company to put together a 'rehab' program for me during the week..purchase a weekly pass, one of the ship's staff that was a licensed physical therapist worked with me on my specialized program and they were nice enough to open the pool 30 minutes early every morning

sped up my recovery by weeks..if you have back problems this will help alot