CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   It Is That Time Of Year (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/383050-time-year.html)

Luanne Russo June 11th, 2011 03:51 PM

It Is That Time Of Year

It is once again cruising weather. Do you have a cruise booked? Maybe thinking of one? Tell us which ship, ports, and the plans you have made so far.

Happy Cruising all!!!

Manuel June 11th, 2011 04:30 PM

It's allways cruising weather. We cruised on the Allure OTS in january and the Celebrity Equinox in april.

We have a land vacation in Italy this fall and our next cruise will be in april 2012 on the Oasis OTS.

TM

skymaster June 11th, 2011 04:52 PM

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I will be sailing "Dream" again in September. The only other thing I've currently got booked is a Med Cruise aboard "Breeze", back to back, with the repositioning cruise back to Miami from Barcelona. That will be almost a full month aboard that beautiful ship. That'll happen in October/November of 2012, and so far the lovely Mrs. is doing that cruise by herself. I'll wait and see if I can get away that long to join her. ;)

"SKY"

venice June 11th, 2011 05:16 PM

Carnival Valor in October on the Capital Jazz SuperCruise full charter ..no one really cares about the ports (Cozumel, Belieze, Ochos Rios) because we are there for the music..however, a new excursion in Cozumel is a version of "The Amazing Race" that we have signed up for..have my various attire for the theme nights (white night, 60's-70's nights, Carnivale/Mardi Gras night, favorite NFL team jersey night etc)..have all the newest CD covers for the artists to sign...all the music is on my MP3 player...I am sooooooooooooooooo ready

Master Chief June 11th, 2011 06:09 PM

Booked on Miracle in Nov to Southern Carib for our annual anniversary cruise. Staying in FL this summer instead of heading to Maine so we may try and find a short (3-5) day cruise. We just love cruising!

Fern June 11th, 2011 08:14 PM

We were booked on a Carnival European cruise for October this year, but we changed to Princess (still part of the family :)) when the price dropped.

When we changed cruise's we booked a Carnival Magic B2B, May 2012 cruise out of Galveston.

I hope some of you "rowdy" Texan's will join us :D !

Lakers Fan June 11th, 2011 10:05 PM

July 17 ,2011 we shall be on the Veendam to Bermuda ,a repeat of our very first cruise in 1973 . In that year after returning from Bermuda we did an auto trip to Stratford ,CT ,Boston ,Cambridge ,Lexington ,Concord and Salem ,MA . We may repeat this trip as well in August of this year .

Aerogirl June 11th, 2011 10:12 PM

We’re booked on Carnival Freedom November 27th. Key West, Grand Cayman & Jamaica.
All I have left is to pack and go!

paddletoe53 June 11th, 2011 10:41 PM

98 days until the carnival liberty

Thoth June 12th, 2011 12:01 AM

Carnival Fantasy from Charleston to Bermuda...September.
Golden Princess to Alaska next year...out of Seattle.

ruthlessboss June 12th, 2011 06:24 AM

Carnival Ecstasy Nov 26 from Port Canaveral.

ScurvyDog June 12th, 2011 07:01 AM

Carnival Spirit to Alaska - August

tami3333 June 12th, 2011 07:27 AM

Aug. 27th on the Inspiration. cant wait.. :D

R&S June 12th, 2011 09:41 AM

This is a great year for us and cruising! We will be on the Ecstasy for Halloween this year and celebrating Sue's birthday in style. (We wont mention the age but it is a major milestone birthday.)
Then we will be on the Triumph in January of 2012 with a group of friends.
Finally we have a Coastal Wine Cruise (Sapphire Princess) planned in May of 2012 leaving out of Los Angeles and cruising up the west coast.
Sounds perfect....

Barryn514 June 12th, 2011 11:47 AM

Spirit to Alaska next month and the Dream in Oct. :D

Skipper's Mom June 12th, 2011 12:13 PM

Nieuw Amsterdam transatlanatic in October from Venice. Cannot wait!

KayAnnie June 12th, 2011 10:33 PM

We are thinking of an early Dec cruise on the Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral, and possibly a quickly planned cruise on the Elation out of Mobile in Sept (before it leaves us).

kelzbelz77 June 13th, 2011 02:41 PM

Sept 2011 - Valor to Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, & Grand Cayman
Feb 2012 - Spirit to Cabo & Cabo
Sept 2012 - Victory to St Thomas, St Lucia, St Kitts, Barbados, & St Maartan
Mar 2013 - Breeze to St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, & Nassau

Curtis McCrea June 13th, 2011 06:06 PM

We have booked the Carnival Ecstasy for March 3 2012! We are excited to be sailing out of Canaveral again.

We are also looking at Carnival Pride August 10 2012 out of Baltimore.

Comet Cruiser June 17th, 2011 10:39 PM

Hi everyone :)

We just booked our very FIRST Carnival cruise!! We are going on the Carnival Pride in September this year....not sure what to expect.

This will be our 8th cruise but we have only ever sailed with RCL before, we are diamond members with RCL but couldn't find a cruise for the fall with them that we haven't already done in previous years...sooo going to try Carnival this year.

We usually get a Junior Suite on RCL, and I was wondering how the Ocean Suites on the Pride compare to a Junior Suite? Also I was wondering how big the extended balcony cabins are?? I was going to book one of those instead of the Ocean Suite, because I have noticed that people say how much more spacious the cabins are on Carnival ships. I am very claustrophobic, that is why we book the larger cabins, I like my open spaces!

Thanks for any input you can give me about the "Pride", I really appreciate it!

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Barryn514 June 17th, 2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Spirit to Alaska next month and the Dream in Oct.
And now my wife just added two more. One in Feb 2012 to Cabo and one we won today, it's only a 3 day one but FREE! :)

CaptainKidd June 18th, 2011 03:23 PM

We are booked on Conquest for July 10th.

Our first cruise.

We finally decided to try it out, as many of our friends and relatives have gone on cruises, and we have heard over and over again how much fun they had and how they want to do it again.

We are going on what is probably an old hat cruise for most seasoned vets, with stops in Montego Bay, Jamaica; Grand Cayman, and Cozomel, Mexico but it is our first vacation outside the USA, my wife's first time ever outside the USA and our first cruise, so we are pretty stoked about it.

cherylroy June 18th, 2011 08:38 PM

Carnival Dream - Jan 2012 - St. Thomas, Maarteen, Nassau. Still trying to figure out excursions. Prob my last cruise for awhile. :(:(:(Husband just was layed off. Thank GOD this was paid for before hand.

green_rd June 20th, 2011 07:27 AM

Booked on "another line" for October - looking at Miracle for Feb-Mar '12 (Aruba & Curacao)

Gazelle2 June 20th, 2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayAnnie (Post 1375868)
We are thinking of an early Dec cruise on the Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral, and possibly a quickly planned cruise on the Elation out of Mobile in Sept (before it leaves us).

We are booked for our first ever Princess cruise aboard the Emerald Princess in late November 2011. Like KayAnnie, we are looking at booking another Elation cruise (probably in August or September) before Mobile loses its cruise ship. We really hate that since we live in NW Florida and can be aboard the Elation in just over two hours after leaving our garage.

BJW3 June 20th, 2011 02:48 PM

We are booked on the Elation July 2, this will be the first cruise ever for us. We are not sure what to expect as well. I have been reading on this forum for a while trying to get an idea of what to expect. It is usualy hard for me to slow down and relax on while on vacation and I think a cruise might help.

Gazelle2 June 20th, 2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJW3 (Post 1377306)
We are booked on the Elation July 2, this will be the first cruise ever for us. We are not sure what to expect as well. I have been reading on this forum for a while trying to get an idea of what to expect. It is usualy hard for me to slow down and relax on while on vacation and I think a cruise might help.

I think you will really enjoy your cruise on the Elation. It is one of our favorite Carnival ships. Its decor is both elegant and tasteful, which, unfortunately, is not true of many other ships in the Carnival fleet.

BJW3 June 20th, 2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazelle2 (Post 1377312)
I think you will really enjoy your cruise on the Elation. It is one of our favorite Carnival ships. Its decor is both elegant and tasteful, which, unfortunately, is not true of many other ships in the Carnival fleet.

This Cruise idea sounds like a relaxing way to vacation. Last time we went to Walt Disney World, it was fun but it took me a week to recover and with no kids I can do as I want to.

kccruisin' June 20th, 2011 06:35 PM

We are booked on the Ecstasy, July 28th to Cozumel. We aren't planning on any excursions, but we are prepared with travel insurance for any mishaps resulting from weather.

shipmate June 20th, 2011 10:19 PM

We're booked on Carnival Dream this September, for Nassau, St. Thomas & St. Maarten. It will be our 11th cruise, 10 of them with Carnival. Taking some first timers with us, hopefully they'll enjoy it as much as we do.