Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default What About You?

I noticed so many are reading the threads, but not so many posting. This is your chance to let us get to know you.

Yes, I use to be like you. I read the threads, got all the info I needed, but I was afraid to make that first post. Afterall, I didn't know anyone on here, and what if I asked a dumb question, or what if I asked something, and it had been asked many times before. I was afraid someone would scold me. First of all, there is no such thing as a dumb question.

It's not like that here. We are all friends in cruising. Like any friend, we are here to help, encourage, and answer any questions.

So let's get started... I want to make this a long thread of our love of cruising, and to show others that it's okay to post.

My name is Luanne, and I have a hubby and two boys. We have been cruising since 05. We did our 10th cruise this time last year, on the Spirit out of Seattle. We are not cruising this year, because my hubby is at the beach without water, in Iraq.

I love to cruise, but also to read, spend time with my family, and travel.

So see, that was easy.. Now let's hear about you.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Hi Luanne, I am Nancy, I have a hubby, one daughter, one Son-in-Law and two grandsons. Only the Hubby and I cruise. We have been on 11 cruises since Jan 2005 and our 12 is this Oct on the Carnival Fantasy from Charleston to Bermuda. If all goes well our oldest grandson will be working on NCL's Pride of America before the year is out.

I don't post a lot but do ask and answer when I feel it is needed. I do read a lot of posts on here though.

The only other type of vacation that we take is to go camping and to the year end NASCAR races. Since the hurricanes of 2004 left me without a job I tend to play on the computer and read.

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014
Old June 12th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi, My name is Tami, and Yes I do a lot of lurking on these boards.
We are going on the Inspiration in Aug. Cant wait, It will be my 5th cruise and my Husband 4th and we are taking the kids this time.. This will be my kids first cruise so I'm really looking forward to them having fun..
But let me tell you my kids are grown and have kids of their own..
We are all doing the count down.. With this cruise I was a bit sursrise that we dont get our doc stuff in the mail, I was so looking forward to doing the doc. dance from my mail box.

Tami a lurker
Old June 12th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Familiar Face

Wink

I actually quit coming here for a while and only popped back on here recently. It's just not as active of a board as others I frequent.

I'm Beth, a cruisaholic, and excited to finally make platinum status with Carnival taking my 10th cruise with them next month-- according to their records anyway. I'm almost positive I have sailed the Elation out of Galveston years ago but Carnival shows no record of it and the ex-H made off with half my cruise albums so I have 3 missing from my history. Carnival doesn't keep perfect records as they show me taking the Festivale in 93 when it was the Celebration I was on so.... My own fault for not keeping track of cruise history until only a few months ago, however, but never thought of it until joining cruisemates...

I'm in Houston, have a partner and 2 teens at home, one grown son out on his own.

Beth
Enchanted Seas
Enchanted Isle x4

Seawind
Seawind Crown
Celebrity
Horizon
Carnival
Celebration x5
Festivale
Fascination
Inspiration
Conquest x2
Elation- PLATINUM

Magic x2
Norwegian
Sea x3
Star
Dream
Spirit

Need some cruise help?

Need some cruise help?

Last edited by A&B; June 12th, 2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old June 12th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Captain

Hi, Im Jane, where do I sign up for AAA for cruising? People tell me I cruise too much. I lately found vouchers on ebay that allow me to continue to cruise cheap as a solo, or invite someone.

I too have 3 past cruises that I dont have credit for, so I think I now have 17 on Carnival, lost count. My next 4 cruises are on RCL though, which I prefer slightly. I too have been in and out on this particular cruise forum.
Old June 12th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Admiral

Flowers, have you used any of the vouchers from ebay? We have seen them but were not sure about them. If you don't want to talk about them on here message or email me.

Thanks,
Nancy

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014
Old June 12th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

There is such a wealth of knowledge within our Cruisemates family, and, sharing, and, helping is what we love to do. If you know me through my posts over the years, you know I am an extrovert, but I surely realize not everyone who stops by our forums, wants to put themselves out there via postings..

That's your choice of course.....we would love to have you consider just posting a few words here, in Luanne's thread, so we can share in your excitement over your past or future cruises.

If anyone has cruises that are not shown in their history, and have pictures, or, any souvenir from that cruise, that could place them onboard, let Carnival know.

I am Linda,and hubby Bruce, a printer have 3 kids and 5 grandkids.. I am a jewelry designer and work in a ladies boutique, as well as being a Cruisemate from the beginning Hope to see more lurkers in this thread

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 12th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlb1050 View Post
Flowers, have you used any of the vouchers from ebay? We have seen them but were not sure about them. If you don't want to talk about them on here message or email me.

Thanks,
Nancy
Since this is a introduction thread, lets talk privately. I didnt mean to hijack the thread, sorry folks. I sent a pm. not sure how to email someone from on here.
Old June 12th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi all! I am Kaleigh, and am pretty new to the site. I like the smaller nature of this community because I can possibly get to know some of you. I have recently been turned on to cruising. My first cruise was last summer, but it was in Europe, so I wasn't sure if it was cruising or Europe that we enjoyed so much. This year we became pretty certain that it was both, but are excited about all the cruising opportunities closer to home as well. I love researching for vacations and started a website last year for my roll call on another board, which I have expanded and am developing into a website focused on cruising, but especially doing ports on your own. My husband and I are also doing a podcast that we just finished recording the first episode of, and I plan to post later this week. I am really excited and would love everyone's feedback and possible contributions.
Cruize Cast
Old June 12th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Admiral

My name is Henry43 . Since I discovered CM I've made friends that I communicate with by telephone ,e-mail and thus far 3 people in person .
Old June 13th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Hi! I am Laura. I live in Lakeland Florida and love it. I have been in CruiseMates since 2004 and love this forum. I have been cruising since 1983 when I first cruised Festivale.
CruiseMates has been like family to me. When I was planning my move to Florida they were there for me and offered so much support. Since I have been here in Florida I have met many of the Cruise Mates at the Central Florida Cruisers dinners. Great fun with great folks.
Dont be shy come on in and say hello. I guarantee you will find a lot of really great folks here.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 13th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi I am Dwayne. I have previously spent most of my time posting on another forum and only reading here. I am a real estate broker and Carnival Cruise enthusiast. First cruise was on the Carnivale and I got hooked! Been cruising on Carnival at least once a year ever since. I love this forum because of the friendly helpful members and staff.
Old June 13th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
With this cruise I was a bit sursrise that we dont get our doc stuff in the mail, I was so looking forward to doing the doc. dance from my mail box.
tami3333,
I got a charge out of this but I so know what you mean. I miss the huge cruise package delivered via snailmail as well. They're cutting corners in every which possible putting more of the cost on us including paying for printing our own cruise documents. I was also sad to learn that they're doing away with the thick cruise brochures as well only printing thin cheesy ones.

....sigh...the good 'ol days are gone.

Beth
Enchanted Seas
Enchanted Isle x4

Seawind
Seawind Crown
Celebrity
Horizon
Carnival
Celebration x5
Festivale
Fascination