Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Familiar Face

Default Boarding time for 10 p.m. departure

I'm booked for a 7 day southern Caribbean cruise leaving from San Juan. I'm very excited being that I'm from Puerto Rico but living in New Jersey. My youngest daughter will be visiting my mom there and will be staying the entire summer. I booked a cruise for my mom, my youngest daughter and me because it's very convenient for me. I get to go back home, visit my mom, and top it off by going on a cruise.

The Victory will be departing at 10 p.m., and this has been the latest departure I've been on. When can passengers start boarding if the departure time is so late? Once we check in, can we get off the ship and then return? I'm very excited and I hope to see El Morro all lit up.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

You can board by noon normally, and yes, after checking in you can come and go as you please until sailing.
Old June 12th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I loved sailing out at night from San Juan...While it's been a while, when we last left from SJ, there were several other ships, and, to watch them all leave,with all the lights arounds us, was just fabulous.....lucky you!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 13th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Familiar Face

Kuki, do you know how far is it from the pier to El Morro? Although I'm from Puerto Rico, my mom lives in the southern part of the island far from the city. She lives in a rural area decorated with beautiful lush green mountains, and bejeweled by the the Caribbean Sea. It takes around an hour or so to reach San Juan.
Old June 13th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
Kuki, do you know how far is it from the pier to El Morro? Although I'm from Puerto Rico, my mom lives in the southern part of the island far from the city. She lives in a rural area decorated with beautiful lush green mountains, and bejeweled by the the Caribbean Sea. It takes around an hour or so to reach San Juan.
By taxi it takes about 5 minutes from the pier to El Morro. You can walk it in about 25 minutes.
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Taxi up-walk back. Down hill that way.

I was in OSJ this year and it has improved a lot since my my last trip there just a few years ago.

As Trip said--the lights of the other ships and El Morro are great. The fountains along the Malecon are also beautiful at night if you have time to see them.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.