Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2011, 10:00 AM
First Mate

Default Info on Carnival Pride Please ;)

Hi everyone :-)

We just booked our very FIRST Carnival cruise!! We are going on the Carnival Pride in September this year....not sure what to expect.

This will be our 8th cruise but we have only ever sailed with RCL before, we are diamond members with RCL but couldn't find a cruise for the fall with them that we haven't already done in previous years...sooo going to try Carnival this year.

We usually get a Junior Suite on RCL, and I was wondering how the Ocean Suites on the Pride compare to a Junior Suite? Also I was wondering how big the extended balcony cabins are?? I was going to book one of those instead of the Ocean Suite, because I have noticed that people say how much more spacious the cabins are on Carnival ships. I am very claustrophobic, that is why we book the larger cabins, I like my open spaces!

Thanks for any input you can give me about the "Pride", I really appreciate it!

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Captain

The best cabins in the fleet are usually agreed to be the suites that are aft wraps, which Id get if you can.

As far as all the sweeping generalizations about Carnival's cabins all being larger than RCL's its pretty much just that .. a generalization. For instance the overall s.f. of the newer RCLs ships balconys is actually larger than a standard balcony on Carnival. Carnival cheerleaders will say but the inside part of the cabin is larger, true. you get a 185 s.f. cabin with a 35 s.f. cabin standard, but the inside part of the cabin is only a few s.f. larger, and the balconys are generally smaller.

I would go someplace like cruisedeckplans.com and look at the actual s.f. of the category you are wanting to book, and then looking at a RCL ship you know and actually comparing the s.f. .. if its important to you.

As far as I know only Spirit class has suites that are aft wraps. The aft wraps on conquest class are superior balconys, 9s, but smaller than the suites on spirit class.
Old June 18th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I would say that the Ocean Suites (Formally Cat 11) are a bit bigger and nicer decor than the Junior Suites on most Royal Caribbean ships. The amenities for the Ocean Suite aren't anything too great. Priority boarding and couple of other smaller things but you will like the size of the balcony and the room. If you can get one of Ocean Suites towards the aft would be nice.

If you really want a nice suite go for the Vista Suite with the wrap around balcony. I've had these and loved the huge balcony but I have to admit that the Ocean Suite toward the aft actually had more cabin space and the balcony was still a very nice size. The difference is you don't get the nice 180 degree view that includes stern, port and starboard.

Pride is my favorite of the Spirit class ships I've sailed. (Pride, Legend, Spirit) The decor is less gaudy. The negative is that the water had a "taste" to it the two times I was on it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me