Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2011, 10:10 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cinque Terre information request

Hi there!
Does anyone know how long the drive (cab ride) is from the Livorno port (Italy) to La Spezia? Someone told us this is where to go inorder to catch the train that goes through the 5 Terre's. Has anyone been there recently? We are 8 and looking into going on our own. I speak the language, but have never been. Do you think its safe to just get a cab from the port?
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2011, 11:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

La Spezia is the station to kick off the Cinque Terre. It is about an hour away from Livorno. I would think that a cab would be safe, but costly. Speaking the language definitely helps, that's for sure. I learned a decent amount of Italian for my recent trip, and I can't tell you how much it came in handy.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Hi Kimo, we were in Livorno a few weeks ago & there were plenty of taxis by the ship looking for business. A few of these were larger people-mover style cabs so you may be able to negotiate a good rate with them.
It may be worth asking how much to book then for the whole day & have them take you around the Cinque Terre so that you get to see the areas away from the train track. Also that way you know you have a taxi to get you back to the ship afterwards

Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam