CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Triumph Crewmember (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/383362-carnival-triumph-crewmember.html)

elizabethegle June 26th, 2011 09:54 PM

Carnival Triumph Crewmember

I just took a cruise on the Carnival Triumph with my father and I'm interested in getting in touch with a crew member named Csaba-hope I'm spelling that right-from Hungary. It was a cruise out of New Orleans. I really wanted to say goodbye but did not see him the morning that we left. I would like to keep in touch. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Trip June 26th, 2011 10:02 PM

This was a response given by Dave Beers, this past January.

I can tell you what Carnival Public Relations told me just last month. They do not divulge crew addresses - either e-mail or snail mail, or any other contact info. It is both a privacy and liability issue.

Know the crew member appreciated your consideration while you were onboard.

Fern June 27th, 2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elizabethegle (Post 1378307)
I just took a cruise on the Carnival Triumph with my father and I'm interested in getting in touch with a crew member named Csaba-hope I'm spelling that right-from Hungary. It was a cruise out of New Orleans. I really wanted to say goodbye but did not see him the morning that we left. I would like to keep in touch. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Hi Elizabeth, and welcome to CM's. I agree with what Trip posted. As you cruise more you'll find that, generally, the crew are there for "you" on your cruise and then for the next passenger. They usually don't give out their E-mail or any other information.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(, but if the crew member from Hungary had wanted to keep in touch, he would have let you know.

Sorry,

Ron June 27th, 2011 10:37 PM

Have to agree with the advice you have been given already. Live and learn, although sometimes it's not what we want to hear. You are a passenger for a week. As soon as you leave, someone else is occupying your cabin, your dinner table, etc. and another face has taken your place.
I don't mean to sound too harsh but remember, these crew have a job to do and they deal with different people weekly, week in and week out.
Enjoy the memory of your cruise and learn from the experience.
Happy future sailing! :)

RTALLEN June 28th, 2011 09:48 AM

I know this won't help for this particular situation, but if on a future cruise you meet a staff member that you feel has (in your opinion) done an outstanding job, you can give him/her a tip (in a Thank-You card) that reflects your appreciation, and ask if you can keep in touch via e-mail or "snail mail". On one of our cruises, we found out that a young woman working at the Purser's desk was from our home state (Ohio) and that her birthday was that week that we were on board. Because she had been so helpful to us, when we stopped in St. Thomas, we looked for a card shop and bought a birthday card for her and included a little something extra for her. Unfortunately, we didn't think to ask for her e-mail address prior to disembarkation, but hopefully we'll see her again on a future cruise.