Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Carnival Liberty Cabin 8300

I am new here and I was just wondering if anyone had ever traveled in this cabin. It's hard to tell what's above it (although I have been assured it is a conference room) and I am just concerned about noise.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cabin 8300

It looks like you will be just under the non-smoking side of the Lido deck where the main pool and Large movie screen is. This is a area where people sit and chat, eat, play cards etc. If you had a inside cabin across the hall from yours you would most likley hear the cleaning the pool area around 2-3 am but you are on the side of the ship. I don't think you will have any problems with noise at all. Have a great cruise. Ed
Old June 29th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I thought that too, but when I dragged the decks over one another, it is directly under whatever is under the platform that the slide is on. In researching photos, I have seen double doors to that area. I am hoping (fingerscrossed) that it is indeed a crew conference room. I would hate to deal with chair scraping all night long.
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Door to Buffet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballmomof4 View Post
I thought that too, but when I dragged the decks over one another, it is directly under whatever is under the platform that the slide is on. In researching photos, I have seen double doors to that area. I am hoping (fingerscrossed) that it is indeed a crew conference room. I would hate to deal with chair scraping all night long.
You may be directly under the door that goes to the Buffet. They are very quiet though. I wear ear plugs to bed every night and one time directly above the huge Theatre on the Carnival Freedom and I can almost hear the
people clapping and cherring. The floors are very thick. Which in your case would be your ceiling. You may hear some noise with all the people heading in and out of the buffet during the day but who is in there cabin during the day? If you really need to You may want to change your cabin to a lower deck. Have fun. Ed
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I had a heck of a time getting this cabin. The deck we prefer (Deck 7) was sold out 3 months ago and we are traveling with teens who have to be right across the hall so getting this was a challenge. I am just hoping the woman I spoke with was correct. It's a done deal at this point.
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballmomof4 View Post
I am new here and I was just wondering if anyone had ever traveled in this cabin. It's hard to tell what's above it (although I have been assured it is a conference room) and I am just concerned about noise.

Thanks!
Welcome to Cruisemates! I don't know where the person you talked to got the idea that Cabin 8300 was under a conference room . I'm pretty sure, like other's who have posted, that it's under the port side of the Lido Deck.

You don't say when you're cruising, but I hope you'll keep watching to see if deck 7 cabins become available .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Deck plans are never too accurate but I wouldn't worry too much. You are either under the very back of the deck 9 Lido deck or are under the unused space.

I was just on the Liberty the first week in June and there is some unused space on the port and starboard side. You may be "just" under that.

The end of the waterslide is on the port side but it closes down fairly early so that should not be a problem.

Also, there is "stadium" type seating in that area so there won't be much chair dragging.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 1st, 2011, 02:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We are under the platform that waterslide is on on the port side of the ship. There is something beneath that platform that will be the ceiling of our cabin. I have seen photo's showing double doors in what looks to be that area, not the doors in the center under the slide platform, but off to the side once you pass through that door in the center. I am hoping this will be unused space or storage or something.