Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:27 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival Pride Countdown ;)

Hi everyone,

Just had to share the news that we made the final payment for our very FIRST Carnival cruise.

I have to say I LOVE how Carnival lets you know on their home page how many days it is until you cruise.....now for the hard part WAITING!!

This will be our 8th cruise but first on Carnival and very first for just hubby and me.....it will be like our 2nd honeymoon

If anyone has any advice on what not to miss out on while on the ship, I've heard that the melting chocolate cake is amazing!

Also if anyone has any info about Grand Turk, like good shopping and a good beach to go to while we are there, I'd appreciate it. Their private island,Half Moon Cay looks amazing, and Nassau we've been to once before in 2005, but I imagine Nassau has changed quite a bit since then. So any advice about any of these ports we'd love hear from any and all of you for your input.

Have a great day everyone!
Gail
Comet Cruiser
p.s. I can't figure out why my countdown clock says we leave in 72 days, 23 hours?? that would make it in the middle of the afternoon...it's 12:27 here in the afternoon, I checked my user cp and it's set for EST...I live in Ontario, Canada, if that helps

Last edited by Comet Cruiser; June 30th, 2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: forgot something ;)
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Congrats on making the final payment. I agree that the hard part is now the wait. Our first Carnival cruise was also on the Pride and I really liked the ship. You will have a great time on her. And, yes, the chocolate melting cake was excellent. I think I added 2lbs on my trip just from this dessert alone. As for your ports, Half Moon Cay was truly the highlight of all stops. Such a beautiful beach and nothing to do but relax. I wish our August cruise was going there. Grand Turks was also one of our stops. The shopping is right there as you get off the ship. You can also access the beach in the same area. We didn't do the beach. Only wandered around the stores. I think there was a bar and a pool in this area, too. Not much else to do, as I remember, unless you schedule a shore excursion.

Enjoy!
Old July 1st, 2011, 05:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default First Timers

Well Grand turk will be the best port of all. All the shopping is right there.
Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville is right there and the beach is a stones throw
away from the ship which seems like it's parked right on the beach it is so close. Wear some beach shoes while in the water at the beach lot's of large sharp rocks in some spots. Jimmy Buffets pool is the largest I have ever seen. Also try Flowrider but don't fall. Nassau is Nassau it really never changes but I hear the crime is on the up rise there due to high unemployment 25% or so. Half moon cay will be great too. The weather will be the hottest you will ever feel on this planet at that time of year. Wear suncreen even if you are in the shade all day long and don't forget the tops of you feet. Lot's of people forget that spot and can't walk for a couple of days. Also keep in mind you picked Hurricane season which can lead to very rainy weather and the ship missing a port of two or a change in itinreary.
If you can travel Nov - Dec and stay away from Holidays Carnival offers
7 day Cruise for around $300 per person. Plus Hurricane are all gone and the rainyness goes with them. If love your cruise and you think you will be Cruising with Carnival again make sure to purchase a future cruise credit coupon before getting off the ship. You pay $100.00 towards your next cruise that you must book within two years. So on your next cruise you get the $100.00 off you all ready paid and for a 7 day cruise they give you $100.00 free ship board credit. It's like a hundred free bucks. It' a win win in my book. Have a great Cruise Ed
Old July 1st, 2011, 10:51 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the info, good to know about water shoes in Grand Turk, will be sure to pack those! Nice that everything is very close to the pier....very handy for SURE!!

We always do our cruising during September and October, so we are used to the possible changes in itineraries, but we don't mind as long as we're safe and on the ship....it's all good

Thanks again for the input..now if anyone has any input about the Carnival Pride, I'd love to hear about it

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Old July 2nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
Familiar Face

We're on the same cruise as you! I've been accumulating lots of info about the ship and the ports, and it's now in a 12-page Word document. If you're interested, I'd be glad to send you a copy...

I've been to all the ports before. Half Moon Cay is the nicest of any private islands I've seen-- white, cool sand and lots of places to sit in the shade, which I like. Nassau just gets grubbier every time I see it, so this time, we may just stay on the ship. Then again, we may venture out long enough to get some conch fritters... Grand Turk has a beach, shops, and a Margaritaville right there, a stone's throw from the ship. But I believe we'll venture down to Jack's Shack, not too far down the beach, said to be a fun place.

I don't want to wish the summer away, but I'm looking forward to September!
Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:51 AM
First Mate

Hi Shelli

Nice to know someone else from Cruisemates will be onboard with us!

I'd love any info you could give me.......it's just Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay we haven't been to before, Nassau, we've been to before, but that was years ago. I do remember the Senor Frogs right off of the ship to the right if I remember right.

I sure wish the cruise would come faster too!! If you don't mind sending along your "notes" I'd appreciate it......could you possibly send me them in a message here on Cruisemates? I don't know if that will work or not, but if not I could send you an email in a pm.

Thanks!!
Gail
Comet Cruiser

Old July 3rd, 2011, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Gail,
I think you are lucky, as you have the summer ahead of you to wait, which to my mind makes the waiting easier. Waiting in the winter is a whole other thing;(

In Grand Turk, there is a narrow beach in front of the huge compound, Better on one side than the other.

Carnival has a gigantic ships store as you enter..Everything you can buy in their shops onboard you will find here, only more of it.

The other shops circle the area near the big pool and Margarittaville.

On HMC, this slice of paradise is just like a picture postcard you would send home, to make someone drool. While the day we were there, the buffet lunch was less than stellar, I do believe this is not the norm. We had the orange cabana, right near the lunch pavillion,and the rest rooms. Swim all day and then eat

Have a ball, and, don't come back pregnant! I am a bad girl. <vbg>

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator