Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2011, 10:59 AM
Familiar Face

Default Elation

I am a few hours from boarding the Elation for my first ever cruise. I am excited and I can't wait. I don't know what to expect. I drove in last night and got a room in Mobile. Now I am up and ready to go and can't wait to get on the ship. This will be my first time to leave the country as well as go on a cruise. Y'all have been a lot of help giving me something to read and learning what to expect.
I will try to find this thread when I get back next week and tell y'all how it went, what I did, and what I thought of the trip.
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Captain

I was beside myself with excitement when I boarded Ecstasy, my first cruise in a long long while. Nothing like the excitement of your first cruise. Do let us know how you liked Elation. She is considered one of the prettiest Carnival ships.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
Familiar Face

Getting threw the boarding process took less than an hour from the time we drove up the sitting down for lunch. This is a BIG ship and there is a lot of people on here. Lunch was good and now it is time for a nap. I think I might go ake a nap out on the deck in the sun with a bucket of beer.
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Familiar Face

We're getting ready to head out on Thursday afternoon from Houston and will be boarding this Saturday. I have so much more to do before we go but have spent far too much time watching the Casey Anthony trial. Now after a long weekend, back to work till Thursday...

Will check back to hear how your cruise went! Hope you had a great one!

Beth
Enchanted Seas
Enchanted Isle x4

Seawind
Seawind Crown
Celebrity
Horizon
Carnival
Celebration x5
Festivale
Fascination
Inspiration
Conquest x2
Elation- PLATINUM

Magic x2
Norwegian
Sea x3
Star
Dream
Spirit

Need some cruise help?

Need some cruise help?
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Familiar Face

Ack reading your post makes me so flippin' excited for my first cruise! I hate that it's nearly 5 months away! Tell us what kinds of things you learn/do. I'll be on the Carnival Inspiration in November. Hope you're having fun!
Old July 11th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Familiar Face

The trip was a lot of fun. We had a fun groud that we set with at dinner and that was a big help I think. We went to diferent things as a group and had a lot of fun.
We took the Behind The Fun tour on Friday. It gave me a new respect for the crew of the ship. Just to get dinner to the table takes a lot of work. They live at sea for six months at a time with small places to live. No free Internet and no free phone. To buy things they have to buy them from the ship.
If I can I'll put up a link to my photobucket of the trip when it is complete.
Old July 16th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Familiar Face

Happy to hear you had a great cruise!

These days, we always get a table for 4 and prefer it that way. Glad you had a great group at your table. Makes a huge difference. I've requested a table change more than once in years' past because the people we were grouped with just didn't clique well. Not that they were ever rude or anything. Just not a good fit.

We're just back into Houston about an hour and a half ago. First time I have ever experienced VIP status. Embark was a breeze though they didn't take our embarkation pics, which I was bummed about. I prefer that pic over any of the port pics. Will speak up next time. Gorgeous weather all week. Enjoyed every port.

What can I say, I just love Carnival. I am seriously starting to have reservations about this upcoming RCCL cruise we have booked for next spring break. Keep thinking I will regret not booking Carnival that week. I've never cruised with RCCL and wanting to experience that line, however.... so..... how bad can it be.... ? Certainly not worse than my last NCL cruise I hope...

Was so nice to be one of the first ones off the ship for a change. Overall, was a great cruise! Children bummed cruise is over. They connected so well with many of the children in Circle C.

One of the things I'm most pleased about is all of us managed to stay healthy all week. On my last 2 cruises, I caught a nasty cough/cold later in the week. This time, I decided I'd stay clear of the elevators using them very minimally as I have noted people hacking away in them, sneezing or whatever and you're stuck in there with no where to go breathing in their germs. Of course, traveling during flu season doesn't help matters any.

Looking forward to seeing some pics if/when you find time to share!

Thanks for the update!

Beth
Enchanted Seas
Enchanted Isle x4

Seawind
Seawind Crown
Celebrity
Horizon
Carnival
Celebration x5
Festivale
Fascination