CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Behind the Scenes tour aboard ship (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/383529-behind-scenes-tour-aboard-ship.html)

Master Chief July 4th, 2011 02:54 PM

Behind the Scenes tour aboard ship

OK you all. Guess I am getting old and very forgetful:D. Where can I find the information on the bedhind the scenes tours that you can take on the ship. I am interested in the one that goes to the bridge, engine rooms, etc. I know there is a site somewhere but I sure can't find it.

Any help appreciated.

And oh yes, you all have a wonderful Fourth of July!

Barryn514 July 4th, 2011 04:55 PM

I tired to fine the link but wasn't able to. Sorry. On our last cruise some friends of ours did that and it was expenses but they enjoyed it. They only take a few on that tour so booking early is good.

Haven't seen it in years but on RCC lines they had it on your TV so you could watch it. Pretty impressive.

Master Chief July 4th, 2011 10:55 PM

OK. Found the answer. It is called "The Behind the Fun" tour not "Behind the Scenes". I found it in the Carnival's FAQs section.

Has anyone taken this tour and do you recommend it?

Nereida July 4th, 2011 11:35 PM

$95 per person? They've got to be kidding! I think that's way too much for a behind the scenes/fun tour. I wonder how many people actually buy this tour? I didn't even know they have it.

On one of my Carnival cruises, we toured one of the galleys, but that was a quick walk-through.

Truck Cruiser July 4th, 2011 11:47 PM

We did the behind the scenes tour when we sailed the Carnival Miracle last December. Yes it is $95.00 per person but only 16 spots are available to take this tour.

When you get on the ship, you get a shore excursion guide. The tour was listed on the back page, I missed it but my wife saw it and we signed up as soon as was possible.

We greatly enjoyed the tour, and yes it is a little pricey, but it was really neat to see the inner workings of the ship and the bridge. Be aware that you do not see the engine room, but rather the engine control room. The engine room is off limits to passengers.

Happy Sailing
Tim

HawkeyeFLA July 5th, 2011 02:32 PM

I did the Behind the Fun tour on Carnival Imagination last year,and felt it was worth the cost. Visiting the bridge alone was worth it for me. But working in the hospitality/tourism industry, I'm always interested in seeing how others make things happen. :)

ruthlessboss July 5th, 2011 04:35 PM

I didn't know these tours until recently reading about them. Prior to that a tour was something I always wanted to do but didn't know it existed. On my cruise in Nov., my carryon will hit the floor in front of the excursion desk before it sees Lido.:wink:

azpilot July 7th, 2011 11:28 AM

We did this on the Splendor last year. Well worth the money IMO. We had such a great time and got some pretty cool fun things at the end. As soon as you board go to the excursion desk and ask them. We would do this again in a heart beat on other class ships to see the difference. This $95 is better than RCL wanting to charge $150 per person! :rolleyes: