Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Familiar Face

Default Is there much on Carnival for non-drinkers/gamblers?

Hubby and I don't drink or gamble, are there enough of other things-especially in the evening-to keep us easily entertained? Are there multiple shows going on at once? Do they last hours or what? Drinkers have the excuse of drinking all night til morning. I want to have fun without the kids and stay up late without guilt! I just hope there's enough stuff to do at night. Oh and we'll be sailing on the Carnival Inspiration if that helps as far as what things they have on the ship.
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

You make some pretty strong accusations of drinkers with a wide paint stroke. I drink, I gamble, but I also do the same things that non drinkers/gamblers do i.e. go to shows, dance clubs, karaoke, etc.....sometimes with a drink in hand, but sometimes not. As for feeling guilty....thats really a personal issue and really has nothing to do with drinking or gambling !

You can have fun w/ or w/out drinking or gambling on a cruise ship for certain !

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2cruiz View Post
You make some pretty strong accusations of drinkers with a wide paint stroke. I drink, I gamble, but I also do the same things that non drinkers/gamblers do i.e. go to shows, dance clubs, karaoke, etc.....sometimes with a drink in hand, but sometimes not. As for feeling guilty....thats really a personal issue and really has nothing to do with drinking or gambling !

You can have fun w/ or w/out drinking or gambling on a cruise ship for certain !
I definitely did not say that all drinkers do that, why would I make such a generalization when there's no point to saying it anyway? But things like mentioning karaoke and such help, thank you. I'm not sure what you mean about guilt.
Old July 6th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Admiral

You offended the other person. You may not have meant to, but you did. Umm, there is more to do on a ship than drinking and gambling. There will be shows, shopping, food, music, etc. I don't think you need be worried about being bored.
Old July 6th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Administrator
Admiral

There is actually too much to do in the evening. You can do the lounges and do karaoke, singers and the production and feature acts in the main theater. There are also comics and other entertainers in the clubs and there is almost always a late night (11 p.m. or so) comic with an R rated, adult, show.

On my last Carnival cruise I was surprised to see trivia at 8 or 9 p.m. and "bingo" if that's your thing.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 6th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Familiar Face

I apologize for offending you, I do. Thanks for the help, looks like we'll be fine.
Old July 6th, 2011, 05:55 PM
First Mate

I always felt you should always pertake in the vices, drink, gamble and smoke, I have more fun
Old July 6th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Admiral

I neither drink or gamble, and ALWAYS have to decide which activity I want to do. Lots and lots of good things planned by the cruise staff, and I doubt that you'll run out of activities that you'll enjoy. Have a great cruise. Oh yes,,,"Inspiration" is one of my favorite ships. Really a good cruise!

"SKY"
Old July 6th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Admiral

Besides activities and entertainment provided, there's a thing called DO NOTHING. And you know what? That can feel good too. Reconnect with your inner thoughts, just chat with hubby of how doing nothing feels weird, but very good. Maybe the doing nothing thing comes in time. When I first cruised, I had to do EVERYTHING!
Old July 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't drink (maybe 2 drinks a year) and I have lots of fun on the ships. You can be as active as you want to be. Most people don't care if you are drinking or gambling, they just want to see you having fun! Look at the daily activity sheets that you get each evening and make your plans. People watching is fun too! Enjoy and take lots of pictures.
Old July 6th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemom View Post
I don't drink (maybe 2 drinks a year) and I have lots of fun on the ships. You can be as active as you want to be. Most people don't care if you are drinking or gambling, they just want to see you having fun! Look at the daily activity sheets that you get each evening and make your plans. People watching is fun too! Enjoy and take lots of pictures.
People watch. I forgot that one. Makes you wonder about things.
Old July 6th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

drunk people dancing in the disco is extremely funny!
Old July 6th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have never been bored on a cruise! There is always something to do.

Next Tues, off to the Alaska Cruise. It has really been hot here so the high 50s and low 60s might be a good change.
Nov.2005 CCL - Spirit
Aug.2007 PCL - Crown Princess
Feb.2008 CCL - Spirit
Oct.2009 CCL - Elation
Jan.2010 CCL - Splender
Feb.2011 CCL - Spirit (Cabo)
Jul. 2011 CCL -Spirit (Alaska)
Oct.2011 CCL- Dream-(W.Caribbean)
Feb.2012 CCL - Spirit ( Cabo)
Dec. 2012 CCL- Splendor ( Cabo)