Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Captain

Default Spirit - 9-Day Mexican Riviera November 4th, 2011

We were trying to squeeze in one more cruise before we build our new home in 2012 and as of today, we suceeded!

We, like many, think about cruising on and off, all the time but once you've decided, and actually booked its amazing how the excitement level flies of the charts again isn't it?!?! We are so pumped about this one and will be our longest cruise to date. I think everytime we go, we want to stay longer.

Two questions:

1.) Anyone here booked on this cruise?

2.) Anyone recently been on Spirit that can comment on the cruise director, entertainment, etc. Anything that stands out on this ship or itinery? For example, we were treated to "Music Motion" on Freedom last January, and "Greg Galleo" on Miracle last November.

We are now oficially 1/2 way to platinum

Thanx,
Krunch
Eastern Caribbean - Dream (B2B) - November, 2013 (Our Wedding)
Mexician Riviera - Spirit - November, 2011
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I haven't been on it but I know Spirit is a favorite ship of many people. I call it the "right-size" ship because it is modern yet not a mega-monster sized ship with a lot of passengers.

She is small and very easy to navigate the decks. All the public rooms are on the lower decks so it has tons of balcony cabins at reasonable prices.

I like your itinerary, too... Manzanillo, Puerto Vallarta, Two days in Cabo and Ensenada.

Cabo is great - there are many championship-quality golf courses there, plus horseback riding, swimming with dolphins or just parasailing and water skiing.

The beach at Puerto Vallarta is also very nice. The pacific ocean gets warmer down south, and the beach there is fronted by many first-class hotels. They offer good food and fun activities.

I happen to like Ensenada as just a typical border-like town, but without the danger. Walk down the main street and just soak in the classic Mexican life-style. Yes, it is lazy and dusty, but you will find great food and low prices. And you can stop in Hussongs Cantina - "world famous" here is Arizona.