Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Admiral

My 2013 cruise awaits me!

ALLURE, 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Sweet Escape BVI Charter 2015
Old September 4th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Beautiful. I will book this ship after my next scheduled cruise on The Dream.
Old September 10th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for the kind words on the video. Magic isn't bad at all. Just think the more subdued decor of the Breeze is more in line with my tastes.

In case anyone wants to see the video, here's the link again.

Carnival Magic - YouTube
Old June 1st, 2012, 04:17 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I agree ... something else to consider. Even though Farcus' designs have been bold, loud or occasionally gaudy, no price was spared on the individual themes of his ships. I think people are concerned that the new 'look' equates to 'expensive' when in fact, it may actually be LESS expensive to incorporate the more streamlined, neutral decor. Personally, I love the new design - and I don't think that CCL will necessarily have to adjust their pricepoint along with their new look. Having been on many different cruise lines, I have had a very good experience with Carnival recently and have two more cruises booked with them this year. The new design inspires me. Go Carnival 2.0 !!

Last edited by CruiserLA; June 1st, 2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Misspelling correction
Old June 1st, 2012, 05:45 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserLA View Post
I think people are concerned that the new 'look' equates to 'expensive' when in fact, it may actually be LESS expensive to incorporate the more streamlined, neutral decor.
I think you are on to something here - in fact, there was never anything "cheap" about Carnival's decor - just the opposite. It was more like someone with outrageous taste trying too hard to impress you with their decor.

IN fact - this new design is very simple, and we really don't know yet how opulent it will really look. Simple and clean is nice, but I don't exactly see a lot of crystal, venetian glass chandeliers, long drapes, etc.

However, I have not seen the ship yet,m so I am not going to say what it is. As I just said, they never spared any expense on decor before, so I assume they will not here.

What I said about Princess ships went somewhat unnoticed. In fact, the Princess formula for years now has been to sail what many people call mainstream ships that look premium. They look opulent, but they pack people in almost as much a Carnival does. The only big difference is the multiple (commonly five) MDRs (main dining rooms) on Princess, whereas Breeze only has two.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
Familiar Face

Wow, it looks great. I love it how Carnival constantly updates their ships.
Old June 9th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipmate View Post
I can't say that I agree you guys, so I have to say that I don't like this new look.

Granted, Joe Farcus was out there with his designs and Carnival did need a change, but this is too much on the elegant side. If I wanted this look, I would of opted for Princess, Norwegian or Holland American. Carnival and Royal Caribbean has a more distinct look with a fun atmosphere and that's more attractive to us. Sorry guys, but this is way too boring!!!!! I'd feel that I was on a retirement cruise ship rather than a fun ship.
I totally agree with you! I love EXCITEMENT.
Ecstasy - 2013