Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Carnival Breeze New Look!

Carnival Breeze First Look

There are 24 new renderings of carnival Breeze at the URL above.

Carnival Breeze is a sister ship to Carnival Dream which arrived last January, 2011, but unlike Dream, Carnival Breeze has a completely different interior décor, featuring a much more subdued look!

How is Carnival Breeze Different?
The answer is obvious. Carnival Cruise Line has been using the same interior designer, Joe Farcus, since the early 1990s. Joe is famous for his outlandish décor - where he was not afraid to try anything, and in fact, his design work is unforgettable - whether you love it or hate it.

But Carnival Breeze will be the first Carnival ship where Joe Farcus takes a back seat. The décor on Breeze is far more subdued and many people will see this as a welcome change, while others will say Breeze merely looks like any other cruise ship - no longer obviously a Carnival ship.

Either way, we applaud Carnival for trying a more subdued design. There are dozens of Farcus-designed ships on the high seas. Now it's time for Carnival to have a ship for everyone else in the cruise world.

See the pictures here:
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/feature/Carnival-Breeze-first-look-110823.cfm
and make your comments below!
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
Familiar Face

Omgosh I absolutely love it!! Seems like Carnival is gonna make a move to be more classy. Hopefully they let who designed this one do the upgrades on the others as it becomes time for them.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

What a huge improvement, love the color schemes, even with some accents of color, very soothing look. Carnival Breeze reminds me a lot of some Princess ships, with the different shades of blue, love it!

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 22nd, 2011, 07:14 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

the pictures are wonderful.... could CCL be trying to change their caliber of passengers ? and I would assume that along with these newer elegant designs will come a newer elegant price point i.e. higher fares. could that shoot ccl in the foot based on their past methods of success ?

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old August 22nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
Admiral

I love the new look. It actually is relaxing and that is what I want on a cruise.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old August 22nd, 2011, 07:32 PM
Administrator
Admiral

The look of the Breeze is making me even more excited about the 6/27/12 Cruisemates Mediterranean cruise.

I like Carnival but I have to admit that the decor has always been a turn off. They make up for it in other areas. Now, with this look, I will enjoy sailing with Carnival even more.

I like the lighter tones, the elimination of neon and tacky artwork. This gives the ship a much more upscale and modern appearance rather than the Vegas Strip look.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 22nd, 2011, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

And I thought the Magic had a brand new look!! Wow..they stepped up their game bigtime. What a fabulous high end lookl!!! I love it. I would so love sailing her in the Caribbean...I want more ship time!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 22nd, 2011, 08:17 PM
First Mate

I can't say that I agree you guys, so I have to say that I don't like this new look.

Granted, Joe Farcus was out there with his designs and Carnival did need a change, but this is too much on the elegant side. If I wanted this look, I would of opted for Princess, Norwegian or Holland American. Carnival and Royal Caribbean has a more distinct look with a fun atmosphere and that's more attractive to us. Sorry guys, but this is way too boring!!!!! I'd feel that I was on a retirement cruise ship rather than a fun ship.

Carnival Tropical 2000
Carnival Pride 2002
Carnival Glory 2003
Carnival Miracle 2004
Carnival Victory 2004
Sun Princess 2005
Carnival Legend 2006
Carnival Glory 2008
Carnival Liberty 2008
Carnival Freedom 2009
Carnival Dream 2011
Carnival Conquest 2012
Carnival Liberty - Sept 2013
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas- Sept 2014

Old August 22nd, 2011, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Well, that is different! It's kind of the "natural" look, lot's of browns and greens. Personally, I like it better than the Farcus decor.

I agree with Nancy, it looks very relaxing. That's what we're looking for on vacation .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old August 22nd, 2011, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Curtis, when I was on the Magic, Gerry Cahill said, they are quite happy with their demograpics,and want to keep catering to the people who made Carnival what is is, so upping the prices sky high, would not go along with his views. Time will tell.

Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:55 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Curtis, when I was on the Magic, Gerry Cahill said, they are quite happy with their demograpics,and want to keep catering to the people who made Carnival what is is, so upping the prices sky high, would not go along with his views. Time will tell.
Given the costs to build this new ship, the cutbacks in quality of food that has been seen, the rates will have to budge to the upward side I feel confident. And that will then take away some of the clientel they have catered to over the years, but may not bring on the new cruiser looking for a more elegant cruise because CCL will still lack in the service that say =x=, HAL or Princess provides. No disrespect to CCL fans and cheerleaders out there but basically... it will turn the brand into the elegant "pig" with lipstick on it.

A drastic change for certain, and time will tell if it will bring the masses and if those comfortable "carnival rates" will remain !

"January"
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old August 22nd, 2011, 10:05 PM
Admiral

I honestly can say the service on all my Carnival cruises hass been stellar,and the food, very good...the worst service I had on a ship, happened in the dining room on the Zuiderdam, with Al and Pat..you remember them..their jaws dropped!

Anyone who prefers the Carnival decor of old, has many ships to choose from....even the Magic would not disappoint them.

Old August 22nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
Captain

In the past and on the older ships, CCL was full of Neon and Glitz and High Energy atmosphere...thats what drew their consumers and all for a reasonable price. Then came the newer ships that toned down that neon and glitz because this is what the consumer wanted.....warmer decors and staterooms, more balconies, alternative dining.... and that worked well for CCL and still were able to keep the rates down below their competitor in most cases..... but with these new changes will come higher rates...take that to the bank. The rates will still probably fall below that of an RCI cruise (but why shouldnt they....still no bells and whistles like RCI offers), but those CCL rates are not going to be as inexpensive per day as in the past. They cannot do this and maintain the profit margins given the price of these new ships.

Not every cruise regardless of cruiseline will be perfect, but CCL will continue to offer a good cruise experience for many I am sure, it's just that they will never compare to that of RCI, HAL, Princess or =x= in the grand scheme of things.

I wish them well, but this drastic of a decor change given the clientel they cater to, will not be appreciated as much and I still do not believe that they will be steering passengers from other cruiselines to sail with CCL as they are hoping to do. JMHO

"January"
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
In the past and on the older ships, CCL was full of Neon and Glitz and High Energy atmosphere...thats what drew their consumers and all for a reasonable price.
I think the decor on Carnival had little to do with it's attraction to customers. In fact, I think many people booked their Carnival cruises in spite of the interior design.

I'd go along with the attraction of the high energy atmosphere, but that is created by the attitude on their "fun ships", with friendly service from the staff.

On the other hand I think RCI relies more on their decor, and has a somewhat pretentious attitude on their ships, and has lost attention to the quality of their food.

As an example, on RCI, other than Johnny Rockets, they serve the worst burger I've ever had at sea. It's actualy hard to screw up a burger, so to me that's a good indicator.

Personally, given the choice between Carnival and RCI, I'll choose Carnival every time. And, that's despite the fact I much prefer the decor on RCI ships.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:31 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
I think the decor on Carnival had little to do with it's attraction to customers. In fact, I think many people booked their Carnival cruises in spite of the interior design.

I'd go along with the attraction of the high energy atmosphere, but that is created by the attitude on their "fun ships", with friendly service from the staff. Friendly service is NOT what the FUN SHIP campaign was based on.

On the other hand I think RCI relies more on their decor, and has a somewhat pretentious attitude on their ships, and has lost attention to the quality of their food. And now CCL is going to rely on that decor as well..... only thing missing and always has been is the bells and whistles that RCI offers. CCL is now trying to WoW the consumer with the new elegant look....but they still refuse to try to WoW with anything else which appeals to the RCI crowd. Build a ship as spectacular as the Oasis class and the CCL brand will WoW some old and new clientel !

As an example, on RCI, other than Johnny Rockets, they serve the worst burger I've ever had at sea. It's actualy hard to screw up a burger, so to me that's a good indicator.

Personally, given the choice between Carnival and RCI, I'll choose Carnival every time. And, that's despite the fact I much prefer the decor on RCI ships.
And I on the other hand (as well as the majority of my clients) will sail on an RCI ship much quicker than a CCL ship simply because they and I feel the overall cruise experience on RCI exceeds what CCL has to offer.

"January"
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:43 AM
Administrator
Admiral

My least favorite cruise line is Royal Caribbean. I love the decor on their Radiance class ships but in all of my cruises the worst service and food has been on Royal Caribbean. I have nine cruises on Royal Caribbean and six on Carnival and in the food and service areas Carnival wins hands down.

The reason I have more on Royal Caribbean is that, for many years, I bought into the Carnival myth that it was just a party boat with bad food and a bunch of drunks.

After a number of disappointing cruises on Royal Caribbean I went ahead and tried Carnival. I will say I hated the decor of my first Carnival cruise on the Carnival Legend. The overuse of the urns is ridiculous and the color schemes aren't to my taste. However, I was amazed at the quality of the MDR food and the service that I received from the waitstaff, housekeeping and bar personnel was and has been much better. So you can say that I sail Carnival in spite of the decor. The service, food, activities and overall atmosphere makes up for the look of the ships.

Everyone has a personal preference and I can only state mine but after 35 cruises I'll take Carnival over Royal Caribbean any day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
Administrator
Admiral

The thing about the Joe Farcus designs is that he could be very, very clever, but then there would also be times when it was like he just didn't know when enough was enough.

I once said to Vance Gullikson (A Carnival public relations rep.) that the Legend looked like "paisley pants with a madras shirt, corduroy pants and a polka-dot tie."

He said (sarcastically), "Gee, we never heard that one before."

Carnival has never said why they went along with anything Farcus ever wanted to do on a ship - he was just their guy, and they were successful and you don't argue with that.

But it seems that tastes are changing.

Isn't it true that in good economic times people get a little wilder in personal tastes, and in bad times they tend to go more conservative? They want the opposite of what they get from daily life.

Now that the economy is in the dumper, I think a classic design on a Carnival-priced ship just might be a very successful formula.

I, personally, welcome the change and I think that if Carnival goes forward with this new look, and maintains their consistent quality on food & service, that Carnival just might surprise many experienced cruisers who by acquiring a whole new demographic of value-oriented, but not party-animal cruisers.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
Familiar Face

I love the new decor! We sail Carnival often, but I have never liked the gaudy, over the top look that they have. I haven't ever seen anything on another ship as ugly as the Grapes in the dining room of the Miracle.

The Breeze looks a lot more classy and relaxing than any other Carnival ship and I, for one, hope that they continue with this type of decor.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
Admiral

The atrium shot below has the same layout as the Magic, but of course with a different decor...This area was a fabulous meeting place with so much going on. From that bandbox above the bar, there were singers and piano players, bands, and, more that entertain to get the crowd on their feet. Dancing was quite popular here as well...For me this really was the 1st Carnival interactive atrium I have seen. The Magic cruisers loved it.... I know Breeze crusiers will love it too.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Trip,
Looks like an actual atrium, very much like what we love about the Royal Caribbean ships....nice look :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 24th, 2011, 04:55 PM
First Mate

I would have to say it looks quit nice, a refreshing change of pace. Maybe they are trying not to become known as the Walmart of the seas.
2004 "Glory"
2004"Victory"
2007 "Liberty"
2007" Explorer of the Seas
2009 "Valor"
2009 "Fascination"
2011 " Pride"
2014 "Adventure of the Seas"
Old August 24th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

To the above poster who cited RCI's bells and whistles, I say that the new Carnival ships have the bells and whistles we prefer such as waterslides, extra hot tubs and a walk around promenade deck.
Old August 25th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Paul, I really like the Breeze interior and also the pool area. The little palm trees by the pool is a nice touch. I also like the decor of the italian resturaunt.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old August 25th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Administrator
Admiral

If you changed that brown & tan to blue and white you would have a Princess ship.
Old August 25th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Familiar Face

Default carnival breeze pics

the decor is not but definitely different for carnival
Old August 25th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake View Post
the decor is not but definitely different for carnival
I agree more but definitely
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Familiar Face

Looking @ their website, they also released pictures of the cabins, those are lovely as well, even the interior cabin looks more spacious, wasn't sure out to put a link in here
Old August 28th, 2011, 12:32 AM
First Mate

I also prefer Carnival’s food and service but Royal’s décor. Two of my biggest disappointments with Carnival have already been mentioned – the Miracle dining room and the ENTIRE Legend. I really hated that ship but everything else about the cruise was perfect IMO.

I'm very excited about this new decor and am looking forward to it.

Old August 29th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Well, I'm impressed. Just got off Carnival Magic and just wasn't wowed by the decor. It lacked the over the top designs of previous ships. So, if you're not going to go over the top, don't go half way to subdued. Assume and go all the way!

Posted my video tour of Magic on YouTube. Link below.

Carnival Magic - YouTube
Old August 30th, 2011, 07:40 PM
First Mate

Hey Steilkurve, nice video. From you video, the Magic didn't look bad at all. I guess I'll just have to take a cruise on it myself to confirm my thoughts.

Carnival Tropical 2000
Carnival Pride 2002
Carnival Glory 2003
Carnival Miracle 2004
Carnival Victory 2004
Sun Princess 2005
Carnival Legend 2006
Carnival Glory 2008
Carnival Liberty 2008
Carnival Freedom 2009
Carnival Dream 2011
Carnival Conquest 2012