Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival Valor leaving this Sunday :)

Has anyone taken this cruise to the Western Caribbean? It will be my Son who is in the Army with leave that week, my fiance and myself. 3 to a cabin we'll see how that works out,lol. Anyone with information about the ship or the excursions please let me know. Thanks so much...

This time next week I'll be sitting by the pool with my 2 favorite people....
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Admiral

We really enjoyed the Valor. Also enjoyed the ports on the Western.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old August 29th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Valor

We were on this ship April 3rd 2011 and really loved it. You want to go to the adult only sky pool in the back of the ship. Plus the 24 hour pizza is nright there and make sure to have a Calzone they are great. Very relaxing area with no kids. Also when it rains they close the top of the "sky pool".

Grand Cayman - Hands down Stingray City is a must do.

Isla Roatan - Mahogany Bay Cruise Center

Carnival spent $62 million dollars on this and I thought it was amazing.
The shops, the beautiful beach and stop and have a couple of beers
right there and all within walking distance of the ship.

Belize City - Be careful here. If you take a tour - Cave Tubing is great.
But if you don't. The tender ride from the ship to the dock is about a half a hour because the ship has to park 6 miles from shore to avoid the shallow waters. If you just go to see the shops stay in the "compound". Better to be safe here than sorry.

Cozumel - Snorkling here is great. You can also take a taxi to town and have the driver drop you off at Starbucks. Downtown is better that the enclosed
area of Puerto Maya which are just overpriced stuff. Stay away from Fat Tuesdays with $20.00 Margaritas.

Oh and before I forget you will need to wear sunscreen even in you stateroom
Walking around port in August in the Carribean is like fire. You will never feel hot like this. Drink lot's of water. My wife and I pack one carry on suit case
with 12 bottlles of water and two 12 packs of soda. But don't carry it on.
Just put your luggage tag on it and check it in when you get to the pier. It will be delivered to your cabin with the reat of your luggage.
It will save you some big bucks on drinks. Or Gatorade would be refeshing too. Have a great Cruise Ed.
Old August 30th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Admiral

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I will be sailing "Dream" next week, so maybe we'll see you ashore. (We're doing "Western" as well. Actually, we rarely leave the ship, so I'll hang over the railing, and wave at you when you're walking the pier to get to town.
Valor is a GREAT ship, and I know you'll enjoy your cruise. A big THANK YOU to your son for serving!

"SKY"