Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Familiar Face

Default Stainless cookware, where to buy

I will be in Montego Bay, 11-2, Grand Cayman 11-3, Cozumel on 11-4. Is there a reputable place to purchase stainless cookware, of good quality and at a good price? I will be looking for Al Clad, Bon Jour, or similar type of brands. A 10 piece set is what I will be looking for, or if I could find individual pieces, will work also. Thanks for any information.
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Admiral

I haven't the faintest - hopefully someone else will. In the meantime you might want to repost in the Shopping forum. Maybe someone who doesn't frequent the Carnival forum will be able to help too.

Good luck and bon voyage!

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old September 8th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I don't know why you would want to buy this, so far from home. The 3 ports you mentioned, especially GC, has no bargains. I have not seen pots and pans in tourist areas, that I can remember. Shipping it home would be $$, and, eat up any savings, and, bringing it back to the ship, creates it's own set of issues

I am sure with research at home, you could get a great deal..have a great cruise.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 11th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Captain

After my cruise on Oasis we went to Sawgrass Mills in Ft. Lauderdale... its a famous outlet mall. They had tons of cookware .. though I dont think Id want to have to deal with getting a large 10 piece set of heavy cookware home on the plane.

Iv never seen this kind of stuff on my cruises, as its just too bulky that there would be enough demand for it.
Old September 11th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Admiral

I must be missing something here....mind you my wife bought curtains in Antigua once!
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

John Linens are a popular item in tourist spots, on many islands. Of the 3 ports on the op's itinerary, really the only one that might have would be GC, but not in the tourist areas. A wealthy island carries pricey merchandise

High end cookeware, would be too pricey for many of the locals in the other ports of call.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; September 11th, 2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old September 11th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Why would anyone want to purchase stainless steel cookware outside the USA ??? Jewlery or Electronics... maybe.... but stainless steel cookware and in the caribbean ??

OP.....Shop and purchase in the good ol' USA..... there are deals to be found here and you have better recourse dealing with someone in the states than in a foreign country should a problem arise with the purchase !

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old September 11th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
John Linens are a popular item in tourist spots, on many islands. Of the 3 ports on the op's itinerary, really the only one that might have would be GC, but not in the tourist areas. A wealthy island carries pricey merchandise

High end cookeware, would be too pricey for many of the locals in the other ports of call.
Not linens & not tourist either, a little local what you call a "Mom & Pop" store. It was colourful kitchen curtain.
Old September 13th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for all the help. I'll keep looking local. Since I am local to the cruise port and drive, I considered looking while on the cruise. Transporting the pots would not have been an issue since I wasn't planning on shipping or traveling on a plane. There are lots of different kinds, prices, and options. Price would have to be a great discount to buy while cruising, but if there was a high quality set I would have been interested. I agree if the possibility of having a problem resolved if purchased in the USA is an advantage.
Old September 13th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecarrell1 View Post
I will be in Montego Bay, 11-2, Grand Cayman 11-3, Cozumel on 11-4. Is there a reputable place to purchase stainless cookware, of good quality and at a good price? I will be looking for Al Clad, Bon Jour, or similar type of brands. A 10 piece set is what I will be looking for, or if I could find individual pieces, will work also. Thanks for any information.
I just did your shopping for you Let your fingers do the walking. E bay has 37 listings for Al Clad, many sets and some individual items. 1 listing for Bon Jour, a 10 piece set.
Now, have a stress free cruise. When you get home, your pots and pans will be waiting for you