Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 57
Default question about bathrooms

We are considering taking our two year old daughter with us on our next cruise. Here is our problem she is a very light and picky sleeper. She has to have everything completely dark and quiet. I already called carnival and verified that they can give us a pack and play to use. We are worried about space if we put the pack and play in there she wont go to sleep because she will be in the room with us and if she does we will have to as well. My question is do you think that the bathroom on either the Carnival Dream or the Carnival Ecstasy are big enough to put the pack and play in there? She is very clingy so I dont expect her to want to go to Camp Carnival much but we plan on trying it out. When I called Carnival I was talking to them about the Carnival Dream because they have the deluxe ocean view cabin where there are one and a half baths that way we would still have a bathroom but when i looked at videos they bathroom doesnt big enough to put one in. Any suggestions or should we just try to wait a little while longer on taking her on a cruise. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old September 24th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Snoozeman's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bosque County, Texas
Posts: 5,420
Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default

Won't you wake her up when you have to use the bathroom?
__________________
Ray McDonald / Snoozeman

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old September 24th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8
Default

in no way is there room for a pack and play in the restroom. Our DD (age 5) is a very light sleeper as well and has never had problems on the ship. Are you in an interior or OV cabin? OV have a little more room IMO and you could place the P&P front of the bed. The only light comes from a crack under the door or the moon in the window which can be blacked out with the curtains. I would not worry about it frankly, you will be surprised how well she sleeps because of the rocking of the ship! Also, you could bring a sound conditioner (white noise machine) to block out noise. As far as leaving her, that is always an option but she could go to Camp Carnival and have a blast and you and DH could have some alone time.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old September 24th, 2011, 02:05 PM
johnthed0g's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2,655
Default

As a Brit I have no idea what a "pack & play'' is but whatever it is you won't get it in the bathroom, you will have trouble getting YOU in the bathroom!!
__________________
Some answer questions...I also question answers
JTD 2010
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old September 24th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 57
Default

ok thanks for the replies we planned on my mother going as well so we were going to try to get rooms next to eachother and we could use her bathroom annoying as that would be but if it wouldnt fit then im not going to worry about the bathroom issue we will just have to try it out. She would have to sleep sometime right! She also still takes a bottle at night so i assume we could just get milk on the ship from the buffet when we needed it? how much bigger are the suites compared to the ov rooms? We havent booked yet so I dont know which type of room we are going to get. Has anyone else had experience taking a two year old and if so would they stay in camp carnival my daughter has never been to daycare thats why i am worried she may not like it.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old September 24th, 2011, 05:37 PM
johnthed0g's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2,655
Default

The average cabin is about the same as a typical motel room but probably smaller with a smaller bathroom. Suites, depending on grade are maybe twice the size, with a sitting area usually. I don't know if they do full fat milk in the buffet. Most with kids seem to manage OK & their children all seem to love the kids clubs.
__________________
Some answer questions...I also question answers
JTD 2010
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old September 24th, 2011, 06:03 PM
zydecocruiser's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,841
Default

The buffet isn't 24 hours, but you can order milk through room service.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old September 24th, 2011, 06:11 PM
fun2cruiz's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Savannah, Ga.
Posts: 651
Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
The average cabin is about the same as a typical motel room but probably smaller with a smaller bathroom. Suites, depending on grade are maybe twice the size, with a sitting area usually. I don't know if they do full fat milk in the buffet. Most with kids seem to manage OK & their children all seem to love the kids clubs.
A typical oceanview or inside cruise stateroom is MUCH SMALLER than an average hotel room.... at least in the USA ! :o

OP... Pack and Play will in no way fit in the bathroom of a standard stateroom..... average size stateroom on a carnival ship will be 185 - 220 sq.ft... INCLUDING the bathroom !
__________________
Your Travel "angel" ~~~ Curtis

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old September 24th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Trip's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Boston
Posts: 19,827
Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default

Picture yourself being able to reach something off the sink, while in the shower. That should give you an idea, of just how small the space is..!
__________________


Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old September 24th, 2011, 07:19 PM
johnthed0g's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2cruiz View Post
A typical oceanview or inside cruise stateroom is MUCH SMALLER than an average hotel room.... at least in the USA ! :o

OP... Pack and Play will in no way fit in the bathroom of a standard stateroom..... average size stateroom on a carnival ship will be 185 - 220 sq.ft... INCLUDING the bathroom !
I said "probably smaller" because I thought the average in the US may be larger than here (UK). I think people expect cabins to be bigger that they are, the term "stateroom" gives the wrong impression I think.
__________________
Some answer questions...I also question answers
JTD 2010
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old September 25th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 113
Default

The Pack and Plays are 40" X 28". It will not fit in either ship's standard bathrooms.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old September 25th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaj426 View Post
We are considering taking our two year old daughter with us on our next cruise. Here is our problem she is a very light and picky sleeper. She has to have everything completely dark and quiet. I already called carnival and verified that they can give us a pack and play to use. We are worried about space if we put the pack and play in there she wont go to sleep because she will be in the room with us and if she does we will have to as well. My question is do you think that the bathroom on either the Carnival Dream or the Carnival Ecstasy are big enough to put the pack and play in there? She is very clingy so I dont expect her to want to go to Camp Carnival much but we plan on trying it out. When I called Carnival I was talking to them about the Carnival Dream because they have the deluxe ocean view cabin where there are one and a half baths that way we would still have a bathroom but when i looked at videos they bathroom doesnt big enough to put one in. Any suggestions or should we just try to wait a little while longer on taking her on a cruise. Thanks so much!
We always get an OV cabin, the sofa is actually a bed so I wonder if you could bring a side rail so she would not roll off; I'd call Carnival and see if this is an option. Also, it is a king size bed, there is always the option of letting her sleep with you - BUT - she might expect that when you get back home as well.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old September 25th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: St. Cloud, Florida
Posts: 1,364
Default

Keep in mind that no matter what you choose, you will be confined to a cabin, likely with t.v. off while the child sleeps (or not). What about a balcony? At least it gives you somewhere to GO.
I read about taking very young children with them, especially in this now troubled society. If it were me (I know you didn't ask) I'd leave the child with grandma or other relative for the week. Taking a fussy child and accomodating their special needs instead of relaxing isn't my cup of tea. I'll leave it at that.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old September 25th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
As a Brit I have no idea what a "pack & play'' is but whatever it is you won't get it in the bathroom, you will have trouble getting YOU in the bathroom!!
hahahhaha, yes I was sitting here thinking this is the only bathroom where I dont have to worry if I forget to bring stuff into the shower, I can reach the sinks from standing in the shower and grab stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old September 25th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Cruznut2's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lakeland FL
Posts: 6,310
Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
Keep in mind that no matter what you choose, you will be confined to a cabin, likely with t.v. off while the child sleeps (or not).
Quote:
What about a balcony? At least it gives you somewhere to GO.
I read about taking very young children with them, especially in this now troubled society. If it were me (I know you didn't ask) I'd leave the child with grandma or other relative for the week. Taking a fussy child and accomodating their special needs instead of relaxing isn't my cup of tea. I'll leave it at that.
Considering the subject of this thread this post that line made me giggle.
__________________
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old September 25th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 57
Default

Lol thanks everyone for all of the replies and We did go on a cruise in march and left her with my in laws and while it was nice to have some free time i was very sad and missed her a lot and had to stay busy otherwise i would miss her too much so i just don't think i want to do that again because it didn't leave any time for relaxing. i do know it will be a very different experience bringing her along with me as opposed to what we are used to but i just have to mentally prepare for that i think we are just going to do an inside cabin and have my mother next door to use and see about letting her sleep in the bed does anyone know if maybe they have bed rails if that doesn't work we will get a pack and play and set it up in the room and deal with it if the bed works she can just sleep in my mothers room thatnks so much for everyone's help and rest assured we wont be having to GO on the balcony lol!!
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old September 25th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Trip's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Boston
Posts: 19,827
Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default

You know what? It's all going to work out, and you will have a fun family cruise..Bring along a blow up pool to keep by your chairs on the pool deck. This, and all the other things, plus the sun,and excursions etc...she may just sleep like a baby, all cruise long
__________________


Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator


Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old September 25th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 29
Default

Also you can bring a DVD player and some favorite videos that she might enjoy...I brought 1 the last time i went on the Dream and a couple of movies...So many!!!!! things to do for the both of you, I'm sure you will have the time of your life...And Getting the extra cabin next to yours is an awesome idea, At least you know you are not confined to 1 area...We booked a Balcony this trip and let me tell you i was either up top or out on the balcony just sitting there relaxing....Happy Cruising!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old September 25th, 2011, 09:55 PM
fun2cruiz's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Savannah, Ga.
Posts: 651
Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz
Default

Ask the stateroom attendant for MANY extra pillows to make a "landing pad" for the l'il one in the event she falls out of bed.

Have a GREAT cruise
__________________
Your Travel "angel" ~~~ Curtis

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old October 6th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 57
Default

thanks everyone for all of the advice we are going to switch her to the toddler bed now that way by the time November comes she will be used to sleeping in a bed and can sleep in the twin bed in my mothers room and we will bring her bed rails that fold up in the bottom of the luggage. Worst case we will use the pack and play i suspect she will sleep as well because she will be so stimulated all day so im not going to stress over it once again thanks for all the great advice ohh and we had a conjoining door so we will also be able to open that and let her run from room to room
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bath, bathroom, bathrooms, carnival, cruise, cruising, deluxe, dream, half, ocean, pack, play, small, stateroom, view

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carnival bathrooms / Facilities question Big Bob Carnival Cruise Lines 11 June 9th, 2009 07:45 PM
Bathrooms Texascruiser Carnival Cruise Lines 4 October 6th, 2007 08:08 PM
BATHROOMS pshel European & Mediterranean Destinations 9 September 29th, 2006 01:56 PM
Milli Bathrooms tjwork Celebrity 2 July 12th, 2004 02:04 PM
Bathrooms Don Gerrish Ask CruiseMates Staff 1 October 6th, 2001 11:15 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1