Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Ghost on Carnival Conquest, room 6412

Hello,
I am new to this forum, but I have a purpose. I wish to know if anyone else had a strange experience on Carnival Conquest, room 6412.
I had just dressed for dinner. The time was approximately 530 pm on Sept 23, 2011. I was admiring my reflection in the mirror in the new dress I had purchased in Cozumel. I clearly heard a male voice that said softly: "You look beautiful tonight". I looked toward my husband. He was on the balcony, with the door shut. I looked at the TV, it was on the menu channel playing only music. I blew it off. Thinking perhaps it came from the hall. I am deaf in one ear and cannot hear directionally. I went back to admiring my dress. Again I heard: "You look beautiful tonight." I dashed out to the balcony and told my husband: "Either there is a camera videoing us with a speaker in our room or there is a ghost..." and I told him of my experience. He didn't doubt me. (bless him). I have never heard mysterious voices before. In fact, most of the time, I do not hear clearly and have to ask for a repeat.
I do not drink. Nor does he, except on rare occasions.

Coincidentally, this happened within an hour before the time of the "man overboard-event" that happened, tragically this same night.
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Welcome to Cruisemates! What a disconserting thing to have happen. I have no idea how, or, why you experienced something like that, but will tell you I have had a similar experience. So sad about the loss of life of that man.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 25th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Familiar Face

Wow!!! I am getting chills reading this. There probably is a spirit lingering there. Yes if i heard that, i would have chills running up my spine...Did you take a picture in your cabin before any of this took place, or after, Would be really cool if you caught something on the camara...Wow!!!! Happy Cruising.....
Old September 26th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Admiral

I am wondering if this person inquired from a ships officer if this has occurred with other passengers ?
Old September 27th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Actually, I inquired of 2 of my food servers in the dining room. One jokingly acted as if she were afraid of me and the other suggested I had too much fun in port that day. I was not offended. I realize they most likely have been instructed to discourage any one suggesting any possibility of haunting or ghosts.
It didn't change my mind at all. I do not drink or use mind altering substances and I never experienced "hearing voices" before.
It is nice to get a compliment. Even from a non-corporeal.
Old September 27th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

That was chilling to read. I can understand it beccause such things have happened to me. Spooky!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 27th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Scary experience stateroom 6461

Yes I did, but in stateroom 6461. I had terrible strange nightmares of mayhem and murder. Three days later somebody pulled my toes about 3 am, I thought it was a prank of my 11 year old daughter and told her to stop it. Finally I got up and saw a shadowy image of a little girl on the wall, still thinking it was my daughter I screamed at her. The I looked at her bed and I saw her in there, that really brought the chills to my spine. Even worse she woke up at the same time screaming.
I don't know what it was, probably all just a dream, since I don't believe in ghost stories. It just seemed so real, like it really happened.
Old September 27th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Admiral

You can research this on line . If it is a true apparition the "child" would have died on the ship .
Old September 27th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Several years back, I believe on the Majesty of the Seas, someone posted a picture of "something" that saw.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 27th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Admiral

I would expect that you heard somebody in a neighboring cabin.

Your dining room stewards where trying to be friendly. They probably have never been on deck 6 and wouldn't know if it was haunted. But you gave them something to talk about with their friends.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old September 27th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Admiral

I've managed to stay away from political discussions for 5 weeks and I do not want to get into a religion topic but I believe having an open mind to the existence of anything is a good idea.