CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Drink Packages (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/385407-drink-packages.html)

purpledevilduck October 10th, 2011 09:24 PM

Drink Packages

I saw a news story today on MSN about Royal Caribbean offering drink packages, see link below. Where you can pay a set amount and get unlimited drinks on the cruise. I know Carnival has the drink cards but do they have something like this or have plans of offering this?

Overhead Bin - Cruise lines offer prepaid packages for booze

flowers October 11th, 2011 07:59 PM

RCL is only offering this option for European cruises, none out of the US, unless its changed.

I have not heard of Carnival drink cards either?? Maybe you mean a group where 40 or more all have to purchase it and book as a group?

green_rd October 12th, 2011 07:17 AM

Celebrity offers a variety of drink packages. You have to drink quite a bit for it to pay off IMHO -

Cruznut2 October 12th, 2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flowers (Post 1396587)
RCL is only offering this option for European cruises, none out of the US, unless its changed.

I have not heard of Carnival drink cards either?? Maybe you mean a group where 40 or more all have to purchase it and book as a group?

It has changed apparently as I know of one going from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas next May on a RCCL ship.

Laura

flowers October 13th, 2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruznut2 (Post 1396675)
It has changed apparently as I know of one going from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas next May on a RCCL ship.

Laura

Is this a specific cruise, rather than the ship by ship that RCL has been doing it? I know on Carnival groups can do it?

I was referring to the general ships that RCL is introducing this package on. If its changed to include US ships, could you give more details of which other ships its now available on?

fun2cruiz October 13th, 2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flowers (Post 1396873)
Is this a specific cruise, rather than the ship by ship that RCL has been doing it? I know on Carnival groups can do it?

I was referring to the general ships that RCL is introducing this package on. If its changed to include US ships, could you give more details of which other ships its now available on?

There have been reports that Carnival is no longer offering a drink package for groups....perhaps VIP's, but not regular groups.

Cruznut2 October 13th, 2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flowers (Post 1396873)

Flowers it is a specific cruise group. Also I have gotten ads from a travel agency in Orlando that I booked a cruise with once. They run these "beverage included groups a lot.

Laura

Cruznut2 October 14th, 2011 12:05 AM

I also know there is one going on an NCL ship next September.

Laura

magicmarmite October 21st, 2011 08:57 AM

Hi PPD,

I was wondering the same thing as we sailed with Celebrity last year out of Puerto Rico and bought the classic drinks package before we went. What a great idea - it certainly saved us a ton and made it so much easier when ordering.

The bar/beverge staff got to know who you were and what was your favourite tipple and how you liked it served.

Also gave you the opportunity to sample new cocktails as well which if you had to pay for each one and were not sure whether it would be your cup of tea, worked very well.

Shame Carnival are not offering these - will seem most odd to have to go back to 'pay as you go' option.

Regards,
Magicmarmite
Windsor, UK

Mcgofdk April 25th, 2012 02:58 PM

Celebrity Drink Packages

Celebrity does offer drink packages and it was well worth it. We were able to include a glass of wine with dinner as well as anything else we wanted during our cruise It was very well handled and seemed like everyone on board took this option. Any drink up to $8.00 was included, including Chocolate Martinis after dinner. From what I hear this is the first of many to offer this.:p

tison1200 April 25th, 2012 04:23 PM

Just curious if they somehow keep track of how many drinks you have and add the gratuity at the end of the cruise or if you are on your own as far as tipping goes.