Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to purpledevilduck
Default Drink Packages

I saw a news story today on MSN about Royal Caribbean offering drink packages, see link below. Where you can pay a set amount and get unlimited drinks on the cruise. I know Carnival has the drink cards but do they have something like this or have plans of offering this?

Overhead Bin - Cruise lines offer prepaid packages for booze
Carnival Valor Sept/Oct 2007
Carnival Freedom Jan 2010
Carnival Liberty Feb 2013

Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Captain

RCL is only offering this option for European cruises, none out of the US, unless its changed.

I have not heard of Carnival drink cards either?? Maybe you mean a group where 40 or more all have to purchase it and book as a group?
Old October 12th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Celebrity offers a variety of drink packages. You have to drink quite a bit for it to pay off IMHO -

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
RCL is only offering this option for European cruises, none out of the US, unless its changed.

I have not heard of Carnival drink cards either?? Maybe you mean a group where 40 or more all have to purchase it and book as a group?
It has changed apparently as I know of one going from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas next May on a RCCL ship.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 13th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2 View Post
It has changed apparently as I know of one going from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas next May on a RCCL ship.

Laura
Is this a specific cruise, rather than the ship by ship that RCL has been doing it? I know on Carnival groups can do it?

I was referring to the general ships that RCL is introducing this package on. If its changed to include US ships, could you give more details of which other ships its now available on?
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Quote:
Is this a specific cruise, rather than the ship by ship that RCL has been doing it? I know on Carnival groups can do it?

I was referring to the general ships that RCL is introducing this package on. If its changed to include US ships, could you give more details of which other ships its now available on?
There have been reports that Carnival is no longer offering a drink package for groups....perhaps VIP's, but not regular groups.

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Admiral

Quote:

Flowers it is a specific cruise group. Also I have gotten ads from a travel agency in Orlando that I booked a cruise with once. They run these "beverage included groups a lot.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 14th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Admiral

I also know there is one going on an NCL ship next September.

Laura
---Mark Twain

Old October 21st, 2011, 08:57 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi PPD,

I was wondering the same thing as we sailed with Celebrity last year out of Puerto Rico and bought the classic drinks package before we went. What a great idea - it certainly saved us a ton and made it so much easier when ordering.

The bar/beverge staff got to know who you were and what was your favourite tipple and how you liked it served.

Also gave you the opportunity to sample new cocktails as well which if you had to pay for each one and were not sure whether it would be your cup of tea, worked very well.

Shame Carnival are not offering these - will seem most odd to have to go back to 'pay as you go' option.

Regards,
Magicmarmite
Windsor, UK
Old April 25th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Celebrity Drink Packages

Celebrity does offer drink packages and it was well worth it. We were able to include a glass of wine with dinner as well as anything else we wanted during our cruise It was very well handled and seemed like everyone on board took this option. Any drink up to $8.00 was included, including Chocolate Martinis after dinner. From what I hear this is the first of many to offer this.
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Familiar Face

Just curious if they somehow keep track of how many drinks you have and add the gratuity at the end of the cruise or if you are on your own as far as tipping goes.