CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   complementary cruise phone call (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/385424-complementary-cruise-phone-call.html)

purpledevilduck October 11th, 2011 10:32 PM

complementary cruise phone call

I know there has been a post card and email going around regarding a free cruise. I just received a phone call from (480)359-4334. I ignored it because I didn't recognize the number or area code. When I called it back the first thing I got was an automated system that thanked me for calling them back and them said that it was about a complementary cruise. I promptly hung up as it sounded like it was going to be for a scam.

Has anyone else received a phone call like this? Is it a scam?

flowers October 11th, 2011 10:46 PM

There are no free lunches and unless you won it fair and square, such as at a bingo game, you didnt win a free cruise. The fees will be almost as much as just booking the cruise on your own and the aggravation to get this so called free cruise are to make you give up.

There are better ways of getting discounted group cruises. Iv gotten cheaper cruises than the one offered in the post card free cruise offer.

fun2cruiz October 11th, 2011 10:49 PM

Call Block them if you can, or add them to your DO NOT CALL LIST.....

SCAM

Trip October 11th, 2011 11:00 PM

If you were to explore it further..you would probably find it's a so called "cruise" on the Imperial Majesty..a far cry from a true cruise experience.

Don't get involved..it's not worth your time, or, investment.

fun2cruiz October 12th, 2011 03:11 AM

Or on Celebration Cruiseline....a.k.a. barge to the bahamas......another woof-woof-woof

green_rd October 12th, 2011 07:15 AM

You did the right thing by hanging up. Good Move

Cruznut2 October 12th, 2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun2cruiz (Post 1396635)
Or on Celebration Cruiseline....a.k.a. barge to the bahamas......another woof-woof-woof

I just won a cruise on Celebration Cruise Lines. They even gave me an envelope with cash for the port charges and taxes. Yes I know the ship is not much to look at but the trip is just what a lot of folks are looking for. We get a lot of calls for that quick getaway. The trip is for two and so far I have not selected a friend to go. I am going in May I think. I was going to ask the woman who owns the agency I work for. That way we can both experience the product since we sell it. My neice did that cruise and she liked it. She said it was just perfect for a getaway. I like the fact that you can combine the cruise with time at Lucaya Resort to make a nice vacation. Very versatile product in my mind.

Laura

colorcrazie October 12th, 2011 03:00 PM

They have called me multiple times, to the point where I left a message saying "stop calling me", only now that politely.
Marty

glenda55 October 15th, 2011 10:39 PM

It is a scam..just google. Channel 4 news did a piece on this scam the past summer.

tanmom November 2nd, 2011 02:44 PM

exact same phone number reported here, it's funny/cheesy how they use sound effects from the ship such as a ship horn to attract attention. (funny/sad)

Cruznut2 November 2nd, 2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruznut2 (Post 1396674)
I just won a cruise on Celebration Cruise Lines. They even gave me an envelope with cash for the port charges and taxes. Yes I know the ship is not much to look at but the trip is just what a lot of folks are looking for. We get a lot of calls for that quick getaway. The trip is for two and so far I have not selected a friend to go. I am going in May I think. I was going to ask the woman who owns the agency I work for. That way we can both experience the product since we sell it. My neice did that cruise and she liked it. She said it was just perfect for a getaway. I like the fact that you can combine the cruise with time at Lucaya Resort to make a nice vacation. Very versatile product in my mind.

Laura

In re reading this post it looks as if I "won" that cruise they offer over the phone. I have never even got a phone call about it. My win came from a different source and it is not a scam. As stated above they even provided the cash to pay for the port charges and taxes. When I called to claim my prize I was not asked for any money upfront. The cruise had been purchased and paid for to offer as a prize. I sail next May for a relaxing getaway to the Bahamas.

Laura

ditchdoctor November 2nd, 2011 07:46 PM

We got the same call (or at least the same type). They called everyday for two weeks. we called them back and while we were talking to them I brought the ship that they told us it was on the internet and it said that it was a scam. We told the person of the phone that the internet site said that it was a scam and not to call us back. We hung up and they haven't called us back. Nothing is free.