CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Is it safe for 2 ladies by ourselves to take a taxi to Atlantis ? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/385503-safe-2-ladies-ourselves-take-taxi-atlantis.html)

Ro October 16th, 2011 10:41 AM

Is it safe for 2 ladies by ourselves to take a taxi to Atlantis ?

Would it be safe for my sister & me to take a taxi to Atlantis? Can anyone who has done this before tell us what the taxi price would be for 2 from the port so we know what to expect?</p>

Aerogirl October 16th, 2011 10:49 AM

From what I remember you can take a taxi or a water taxi and yes you’re safe. Anything can happen anywhere any time but I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about.
It was just us two girls also, we took a water taxi to the area and walked a very short distance. Not sure there called water taxi but that pretty much what they are. Have a nice trip the Atlantis was great!

ruthlessboss October 16th, 2011 11:05 AM

I don't know if it was called a water taxi, but years ago, took one. Thought it was a short cut straight across, but once it docked, it was a hike to Atlantis, seemed longer after seeing taxis delivering at the door. It was a nice ride over though.

Trip October 16th, 2011 01:17 PM

Usually they are vans, filled with others, so, you will feel comfortable. The cabs fill faster than the water taxis, and drop you closer..Have a ball,and check out the Dale Chilouly indredible glass sculpture in the lobby..have fun.

Dwayne October 16th, 2011 07:30 PM

You will be perfectly fine. It is like a cattle call for taxis at the cruise terminal. As Trip said about the vans, they wait till they are filled so will have plenty of others around you. The taxi fare was $4 when I was there in May. The water taxi doesn't look to be the safest mode of transport. Plus it drops you off with a good hike still to Atlantis.

Fern October 16th, 2011 08:25 PM

I also think it would be safe for y'all!

We took the ship's "shuttle" (a big bus) over and that was fine. But, when we were ready to leave the line was incredibly long and it was raining :(. We got in the first van/taxi we saw and had a nice, fast trip back to the ship along with others.

I don't remember for sure, but I think the $4.00 pp fare Dwayne posted was what we paid.

As Trip said, be sure not to miss the Chilouly glass sculpture. It's incredible :)!

colorcrazie October 17th, 2011 02:21 PM

This is about the safest tour you could possibly do on a cruise. I can't say "totally safe" because that is not true anywhere, but I would do this by myself with no worries. Just use the same common sense you would in a city anywhere in the world, including the U.S.
One suggestion I have is not to carry your valuables in your purse. It is an obvious target if you have the misfortune to encounter a thief. I use a pouch that hangs around my neck and goes under my top. Most of my money, ID's, credit card go into that. I put enough money in a pocket to cover taxi, a soda, etc. My purse is basically a decoy. Just one of my techniques.
Relax, you'll be fine! Have fun.
Marty