CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Cruise Director Wee Jimmy (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/385530-cruise-director-wee-jimmy.html)

purpledevilduck October 18th, 2011 12:32 AM

Cruise Director Wee Jimmy

When my brother and I cruised on the Freedom in Jan 2010 our Cruise Director was "Wee Jimmy" a shorter fat Scottsman who whore a kilt on formal night. We did not have a good experience with him. I know it was his last cruise, I think under that contract.

Does anyone know if he is still in Carnival's fleet? If so what ship he is on?

Skywench October 18th, 2011 11:59 AM

We cruised with him on the Legend and really liked him.

Jacque Bearstows parents October 19th, 2011 07:39 PM

We had him on our last cruise.

No issues whatsoever.

Great time!

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/s...WeeeeJimmy.jpg

purpledevilduck October 19th, 2011 10:53 PM

Maybe he was just having a bad cruise as it was his last for the contract and on that ship.

Snoozeman October 19th, 2011 11:43 PM

He's on the Carnival Legend.

I think he's one of the better cruise directors.

cruisingrandma October 24th, 2011 03:31 PM

We are on the Legend in March. Will Wee Jimmy still be on the ship?

Snoozeman October 24th, 2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisingrandma (Post 1398305)
We are on the Legend in March. Will Wee Jimmy still be on the ship?

I haven't seen a CD schedule for 2012 yet.

bigun64 June 22nd, 2012 11:54 PM

We were on the Paradise in April 2012 and he was the CD on that ship. Loved him. Had a lot of laughs with him. Hope he will be on the Liberty out of Miami in March 2013 - our next scheduled cruise!! Can't wait. Happy cruising everyone.LOL

gmcruiser June 27th, 2012 09:08 AM

We were on the Sensation the first of June and wee Jimmy was the cruise director.

Host Mach June 29th, 2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpledevilduck (Post 1397404)
When my brother and I cruised on the Freedom in Jan 2010 our Cruise Director was "Wee Jimmy" a shorter fat Scottsman who whore a kilt on formal night. We did not have a good experience with him. I know it was his last cruise, I think under that contract.

Does anyone know if he is still in Carnival's fleet? If so what ship he is on?

I've sailed with Ralph and we've become quite good friends. I thought he was a hoot! He generally gets rave reviews and all of the folks I sail with really enjoy him.

He's still with Carnival... got married not too long ago.

:)

KiwiBird June 30th, 2012 07:23 AM

I've always enjoyed him as a CD. Sailed with him twice. His kilts, his humor, and he doesn't impose or intrude.

Just makes fun and enjoyment.

Waiting4acruise June 30th, 2012 02:54 PM

I had Ralph for a CD twice. He was great.

rkome June 30th, 2012 07:52 PM

We had Wee Jimmy on the Legend in December. He certainly made it very memorable. I really liked him. Last I heard he is on the Paradise, not sure if he's still on there or not.

Harold

OKGIRL June 30th, 2012 09:10 PM

I've sailed with Ralph a couple of times......I didn't like his heavy WEEEEEEEE Jimmy routine too much, but he's toned that down some....other than that one little annoyance he was a very visable and approachable CD......

Nice to hear that he's recently married....I can't imagine having to juggle all that a CD does and have a relationship too, especially when children come along.

Capndinghy July 1st, 2012 10:59 AM

I thought Wee Jimmy did a good job. I don't remember which ship he was on with us.

Dr Phil July 1st, 2012 01:03 PM

I'm not a CD kind of guy, no interest at all. But here recently one stood out that actually made be laugh. I may be saying his name wrong , is it Noonan ?

On the Destiny he gave this kid a plastic gold ship, The kid told him he already had one.
CD explaned to the kid that this one was magic . If you hold it up every one claps cheers, if you hold it down they stop. So the kid gets the idea and wore the audience out.
Too funny you would have to had been there .

lynangel50 September 20th, 2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Host Mach (Post 1434934)
I've sailed with Ralph and we've become quite good friends. I thought he was a hoot! He generally gets rave reviews and all of the folks I sail with really enjoy him.

He's still with Carnival... got married not too long ago.

:)

He was on the Sensation in Sept of 2013. Only saw him once, on debarkation day!! Usually it was always the assistant cd Gary that we saw in the lounge and around the ship!